Death Clock Metalocalypse premiers tonight...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Metalocalypse is a fifteen-minute animated comedy on Adult Swim, created by Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha. The series was originally pitched as "Deathclock," but could not be used due to an existing copyright, so the show and the main characters were then renamed to "Dethklok." The show's title was then extended to "Death Clock Metalocalypse," although the starring band still retained the name Dethklok. However, due to the extra complicatedness, the crew has now shortened the title to simply "Metalocalypse," which is where it stands right now.

According to co-creator Brendon Small, "The show is basically about a (half-American/half Norwegian) metal band that is about a million times bigger than the Beatles. But a million times more dangerous and a millions times more stupid. This show promises violent murder. Violent violent murder. And metal."

http://tviv.org/Dethklok

It's on at 11:45PM on Sundays, on the Cartoon Network.

Zod

oh my god i have been so excited for this show ever since i first saw the preview a few months ago...my few metal friends and i must have said "this is how you say....fuud li-brar-eez?" about sixty times a day last semester.

and now i can't watch it DAMN IT this is right behind clerks II on the "things i'm gonna do in my first 24 hours back in america" list

Thanatopsis123 said:
Not that great. Kinda funny from what I could understand (I couldn't understand what they were saying half the time).
dude, I must have x10 more problems understanding spoken english than most of you, and I understood all of it. Anyway, watch the 2 episodes, they seriously rule! This and Korgoth are the best show ever

I caught the second airing of it last night. I enjoyed it rather thoroughly, though I had some trouble understanding what they said sometimes as well (though I had the volume turned down rather low). I will probably be a regular viewer of this show.

BenMech said:
the band is supposed to be Norwegian,which is why they have a heavy accent, plus they are supposed to be the stupidest band in human history
Half-American, half-Norwegian.

I think the singer looks like Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir.

I just re-watched the episode on the Adult Swim website. Still funny.

BenMech said:
Yeah, Murderhead could be any guy in Black Sabbath, really, just as the singer is Glenn Danzig-ish and the drummer is Devin Townsend-ish.
yeah, I noticed the similarities with Black Sabbath, but didn't for the rest !