Death Metal

Gore-illa

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2006
Carcassendelft, The Netherlands
Since there isn't a decent death metal thread, here it is! I'm sure I'm not the only death metal fan around..

I just recently bought Visceral Bleedings 'Remnants Revived' album, and holy fuck, that album is fucking tight! A lot of people say their songs are like 13 in a dozen, but no way! The music is very technical, but still quite catchy. Songs like Explosive Surgery and State of Putrefaction stayed in my head after the first time I heard it. Can't wait to see them life :cool:

Gore-illa said:
Since there isn't a decent death metal thread, here it is! I'm sure I'm not the only death metal fan around..

I just recently bought Visceral Bleedings 'Remnants Revived' album, and holy fuck, that album is fucking tight! A lot of people say their songs are like 13 in a dozen, but no way! :

I MIGHT say that, but I have no idea what it means.

One fucking amazing death metal band i don't hear alot about is Golem. They're like exactly what melodic death metal is supposed to sound like. I'm also a huge fan of Amon Amarth and Insomnium.

Idunnonuten said:
One fucking amazing death metal band i don't hear alot about is Golem. They're like exactly what melodic death metal is supposed to sound like. I'm also a huge fan of Amon Amarth and Insomnium.

Good call on Golem. Great band. They get compared to Carcass a lot, which isn't really very accurate. They always reminded me more of a more melodic less dissonant Morbid Angel.

FACT: CANNIBAL CORPSE SUCK DICK!!!!
anyway...good death metal bands are immolation, amon amarth, DEATH = GOD, Arch Enemy, Opeth, Six Feet Under (not much...acdc covers), Suffocation, decapitated

Carcassian said:
Good call on Golem. Great band. They get compared to Carcass a lot, which isn't really very accurate. They always reminded me more of a more melodic less dissonant Morbid Angel.

They don't merely get "compared to Carcass" so much as they get labelled "a third-rate Carcass clone", which is really quite bizarre. Wonderful band.

How the hell can someone think cannibal corpse sucks dick & then like six feet under ?

How can someone list Six Feet Blunder with Opeth & Immolation.

arrgggg

MasKedRage said:
FACT: CANNIBAL CORPSE SUCK DICK!!!!
anyway...good death metal bands are immolation, amon amarth, DEATH = GOD, Arch Enemy, Opeth, Six Feet Under (not much...acdc covers), Suffocation, decapitated
:tickled: Amon Amarth, Opeth, Arch Enemy = death metal? HA HA HA HA!!!
SFU = good death metal?:yuk: Dude, you're a straight up moron who probably needs to be listening to Disturbed and Nickelback!
Saw Cannibal Corpse live on the Bleeding tour a long while back and to me it still stands out in a crowd of countless live acts I've seen since. I don't listen to them on a regular basis, especially with that meathead Fisher on vocals, but the Owen/Barrett/Webster string team was on fire that night! Also, that was the only decent thing Barnes had ever participated in before making a total faggot of himself in SFU.

I enjoy the following:

Miasma
Possessed
Death
Atheist
Saprogenic
Necronomicon
Crypt of Kerberos
Psycroptic
Sleep Terror
Nocturnus
Pestilence
Wormed
Seance
Deathchain
Rottrevore
Lykateha Aflame
Massacra
The Amenta
Therion
Arsis
Demigod
Wicked Innocence
Slugathor
Lucifer's Hammer
Garden of Shadows
Eucharist
Phlebotomized
Bloodbath
Arghoslent
Edge of Sanity
Decapitated
Carcass
Impaled
Visceral Bleeding
Quo Vadis
Suffocation
Behemoth
Hypocrisy

Ex-cally-boo said:
I enjoy the following:

Miasma
Possessed
Death
Atheist
Saprogenic
Necronomicon
Crypt of Kerberos
Psycroptic
Sleep Terror
Nocturnus
Pestilence
Wormed
Seance
Deathchain
Rottrevore
Lykateha Aflame
Massacra
The Amenta
Therion
Arsis
Demigod
Wicked Innocence
Slugathor
Lucifer's Hammer
Garden of Shadows
Eucharist
Phlebotomized
Bloodbath
Arghoslent
Edge of Sanity
Decapitated
Carcass
Impaled
Visceral Bleeding
Quo Vadis
Suffocation
Behemoth
Hypocrisy
Thats a well-rounded list.:headbang:

Except for Quo Vadis being before Hypocrisy. They aren't good, and they're pretentious and don't know what Jazz is. Still waiting for a band that can actually mend Jazz and Metal together intelligently.

Susperia said:
Except for Quo Vadis being before Hypocrisy. They aren't good, and they're pretentious and don't know what Jazz is. Still waiting for a band that can actually mend Jazz and Metal together intelligently.
CYNIC

VadimVon said:
Nah. Atheist did it better. Cynic made it boring.

And, Hypocrisy is only below Quo Vadis because I just went by my playlist, and I happened to listen to Quo Vadis a bit more than Hypocrisy, so I had them higher on the list.