Deathcore bands that don't suck?

I've been listening to a lot of music that I didn't like before (for whatever reason) and instead of looking through all of the shitty bands (like I do with brutal death metal, black metal, thrash metal, etc) I figured I would ask you guys if there are any you like.

I like Veil of Maya (they are very "djent" though), Acrania, Ingested, etc. Veil of Maya being by far my favorite. Fallujah is also considered deathcore I believe and are quite awesome.

It seems every deathcore band I find that I like is on metal-archives and all of the ones I don't like aren't :lol:

Veil of Maya is fucking horrendous. Would not consider Fallujah deathcore, but they got some solid stuff for sure.

If I want pure deathcore, I usually ends up with these well known (often unfairly hated) bands:

All Shall Perish
Despised Icon
Whitechapel

Give "A New Era of Corruption" some spins. Didnt like it at all at first, but it grew at lot on me, for sure one of the best deathcore albums out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried out all of those bands materiel since like 2008 maybe ill give em another shot, I don't like the "screaming" deathcore bands like Suicide Silence, those kind of bands suck.

I want SomeGuyDude to post in here.

He can't make deathcore magically better.

Last House on the Left might be worth checking out.

He can't make deathcore magically better.

Last House on the Left might be worth checking out.

I'm sure he knows a few bands that I would like though.

This band "Ion Dissonance" I found is pretty good, their older stuff is way better than their new stuff though.

Will check out these bands.

Okay "Last House on the Left" : Shit.

"Brother Von Doom" : Not deathcore, just shit.

"Rose Funeral" : Not bad other than the shitty high screaming.

"Carnifex" : Probably the best one out of those, good riffs, still has the shitty high screaming at parts but I could deal with them here.

"Impending Doom" : I looked em up after I listened to the song and they use to be "brutal death metal" but even that stuff was shit. So shit.

Not gonna lie, I enjoy a fair amount of deathcore. Suicide Silence's "No Time to Bleed" is a great album, I got a soft spot for Carnifex and Oceano, Rat King surprised me with quality, Job for a Cowboy does damn well, All Shall Perish, Molotov Solution, and of COURSE The Acacia Strain.

Not gonna lie, I enjoy a fair amount of deathcore. Suicide Silence's "No Time to Bleed" is a great album, I got a soft spot for Carnifex and Oceano, Rat King surprised me with quality, Job for a Cowboy does damn well, All Shall Perish, Molotov Solution, and of COURSE The Acacia Strain.

Suicide Silence is garbage IMO.

Ill check out those other bands.

I have a hard time believing mort posted something wanky. Or that if he did, you didn't like it.