DeathDestruction (FT Hammerfall, Ex- Evergrey dudes) gets major label deal

Aug 14, 2008
While I think this is cool news, I gotta say that I'm not feeling the bandname at all. Anyone want to join my band, MetallicaMegadeth?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155611

DEATHDESTRUCTION — the Swedish metal "supergroup" featuring current/former members of EVERGREY, HAMMERFALL and DEAD BY APRIL — has inked a deal with the Swedish branch of Sony Music Entertainment. Due on August 25, the band's debut album was recorded at IN FLAMES' IF Studios with producer Roberto Laghi (IN FLAMES, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, LOK, SONIC SYNDICATE). A three-song EP, "Fuck Yeah" — recorded completely live at IF Studios — will precede the full-length CD on April 18.

The first in series of webisodes featuring video behind-the-scenes footage from the EP recording sessions can be viewed below.

"It is with extreme pride that we in DEATHDESTRUCTION can announce that we have signed with Sony," stated guitarist Henrik Danhage. "We look forward to a long collaboration and it will be damn fun to go out and perform live with the support of a company like that."

"DEATHDESTRUCTION makes me feel like a teenager again," said David Mortimer-Hawkins, A&R representative at Sony Music. "We are very happy and proud to be working with the band and their incredibly heavy debut album."

DEATHDESTRUCTION is:

Jimmie Strimell (DEAD BY APRIL) - Vocals
Henrik Danhage (ex-EVERGREY) - Guitar
Fredrik "Loppan" Larsson (HAMMERFALL) - Bass
Jonas Ekdahl (ex-EVERGREY) - Drums

Formed in late 2003 by Danhage, Ekdahl and EVERGREY keyboardist Rikard Zander (who was handling the vocals in the band's earliest incarnation), DEATHDESTRUCTION began as an innocent "hobby project" before Henrik and Jonas realized they wanted to pursue the band more seriously. They eventually parted ways with Rikard and enlisted Larsson and Strimmell, both of whom were "very excited to join the band," according to the group's official bio.