Decapitated Signs With Nuclear Blast Records

Pman

Feb 18, 2006
UK
www.facebook.com
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=84822
Polish death metallers DECAPITATED have inked a deal with Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented the label: "This exceptional band has so far recorded four albums, and we're looking forward to the upcoming mix of technical superiority, brutal riffs and blastbeats on album number five.

"The joy over these awesome news are of course overshadowed by the tragic death of DECAPITATED drummer Witold 'Vitek' Kieltyka.

"Vitek passed away on November 3rd in a Russian hospital due to severe head injuries resulting from a heavy car crash involving the band's tour bus and a truck while touring Russia. The highly respected and acclaimed blastbeat maestro was only 23 years old. Rest in peace, Vitek!"

DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) was also hurt in the accident, which involved the band's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. The frontman reportedly also sustained a head injury in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed). Covan has since been moved to a hospital in Kraków, Poland. Doctors describe his condition as stable and he is showing signs of improvement every day.

Wow, i did not see that coming. Especially that, at the moment, the band only consists of Vogg (viteks brother) and the currently injured Covan.

yeah, it'll be interesting to see how this develops over the next few months....this is very odd timing by Nuclear Blast...

Call me a cynic but that sound very suspicious on Nuclear Blasts part. To me it sounds like: Underground band suffers (an extremely fukked up) tragedy, get a lot of publicity (totally deserved), NB signs band to capitalize on publicity, NB makes a mint.

Call me a cynic but that sound very suspicious on Nuclear Blasts part. To me it sounds like: Underground band suffers (an extremely fukked up) tragedy, get a lot of publicity (totally deserved), NB signs band to capitalize on publicity, NB makes a mint.

I wanted to post that when i first read this thread but didn't want to sound negative.

The only reason i think NB didn't sign them before is because of contract-conflict with the previous label.

the thing maybe folk don't know about record deals... They take months to negotiate...

Proper ones of this size...

they may be announcing it now to capitalise... but this will ahve been signed way before the accident.

Was signed before the accident, but they really should've waited until an official announcement from the band was released, regarding Covan's status and whether or not they'll be continuing as a band.

Was signed before the accident, but they really should've waited until an official announcement from the band was released, regarding Covan's status and whether or not they'll be continuing as a band.
you guy's criticisms presuppose that the remaining band-members didn't give the go ahead for NB to make this announcement. Negative commentary predicated on speculation is a bit nasty and gossipy, don't you think fellas?

you guy's criticisms presuppose that the remaining band-members didn't give the go ahead for NB to make this announcement. Negative commentary predicated on speculation is a bit nasty and gossipy, don't you think fellas?

another way to say this could be...

Etes-vous certain qu'ils n'ont pas donné leur approbation à NB ? Peut-être c'est compréhensible qu'ils peuvent avoir d'autres choses à penser de maintenant, à cause de l'accident, et a demandé à NB pour faire l'annonce. Ce type de critique sans la possession de tous les faits est équivalent au commérage de vieilles femmes.

Etes-vous certain qu'ils n'ont pas donné leur approbation à NB ? Peut-être c'est compréhensible qu'ils peuvent avoir d'autres choses à penser de maintenant, à cause de l'accident, et a demandé à NB pour faire l'annonce. Ce type de critique sans la possession de tous les faits est équivalent au commérage de vieilles femmes.

Je ne l'aurai pas mieux dis.....

Brett gave you French lessons or what ? :)

Sure the deal may have been negociated before the accident, and Decapitated must have given the approval to NB to release the info, but it's still an odd timing.

Congratulations to the band, i'm sure Vitek is smiling about it. I agree about the timing of NBs statement though, even if it was signed before hand, it seems a bit odd.

Here's to a speedy recovery from Covan and much more Decapitated material in the future:kickass: