Decent aussie online store for metal?

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Does anyone know a decent online store that sells a good range of metal? I'm trying to find copies of Finntroll and Vintersorg, but nobody seems to stock them :(

Ideas?

There is none. I like to use either Sanity.com.au or hmv.com.au - because there service is usaully pretty quick - but there selection is dreadful.
Utopia.com.au has a lot, but it's a pain in the bottom to make an order. I've basically given up on them now. They stoped replying to my emails. :(

I'd too look into buying from overseas - at least places like Amazon.com and CDnow.com act professionally. But $Au is bad and postage will throw most CD's over the $40 mark.

METAL MAYHEM !!!!!!!

They are cheap! Albums are like $27.50 and postage is cheaper coz they're Aussie!

AND.... for all you people who say Demons & Wizards is like $50 and Days of Purgatory is like $60..... They sell D&W for $27.50 or something and DOP for about $39.50 (for the 2CD digipak).

METAL MAYHEM ROCKS!

Its the only place I *EVER* buy full price CDs (the rest of the time I shop at JB or 2nd hand places for bargains hehe).

Ahhh its great living in Melbourne and having the store close by :)

Metal Mayhem rules! It's where I buy nearly all my CDs, except the odd one from JB or a second hand shop. And it has a roof, unlike Utopia!!! ;)

Originally posted by Winmar
Metal Mayhem rules! It's where I buy nearly all my CDs, except the odd one from JB or a second hand shop. And it has a roof, unlike Utopia!!! ;)

:lol: :lol: Its ok though, they are moving this week to a bigger place (with a roof!) :D

It was about a comment I made when I met slayer there Sydo :) I said that the reaon my hair was all over the place was because it was windy and rainy, and thus it was taken to mean that utopia didnt have a roof, when in fact I was just lined up outside for 3 hours :D
Another great mystery solved :D

Originally posted by Winmar
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! :D ;) :) :lol:

You know what? I believe I just got Sydo back!!!!!!!!!

In the words of Iced Earth: VENGEANCE IS MINE!!! Mwahahahahaha! :loco: :loco:

Is it? I havent been there yet.........sounds good, what are they using the extra space for though? I thought they pretty much had everything already!

Originally posted by spawn

You know what? I believe I just got Sydo back!!!!!!!!!

In the words of Iced Earth: VENGEANCE IS MINE!!! Mwahahahahaha! :loco: :loco:

I was hoping you wouldn't notice. :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by Sydo

I was hoping you wouldn't notice. :cry: :cry:

I have no life, thus plenty of time to scour message boards, you had no chance you poor fool, I almost feel sorry for you! Almost :D

Just for the record everyone, Dream Theaters new album is not 6 hours long and Utopia does have a roof. That ought to clear up any misconceptions :D

Go have a bottle of insignificant ale in honour of my levelling of the scores Sydo :)

Theres also metalshop.com.au, their prices are reasonable but the range is not so good. I recommend you try www.shop.nuclearblast.de if you can handle the 40DM in postal charges. If you buy in bulk and wait for the exchange rate to come good you will get your cds quite cheap, perhaps $20 each. Delivery is 1-2 wks, plus they have a habit of throwing in a few bonuses like compilation cds and start sending you glossy catalogues.

If you love the almighty Finntroll, also check out Thyrfing, similar but more viking and less troll.

Originally posted by spawn
Is it? I havent been there yet.........sounds good, what are they using the extra space for though? I thought they pretty much had everything already!

They're having two separate music stores: one for metal and rock and collectables of same, and a second store, Euphoria, for everything else: pop etc., which doesn't fall under the "home of Heavy Metal" tag. They'll also be having a DVD store as well. Craig showed me around there last week... it's going to be massive!

Originally posted by Goreripper

They're having two separate music stores: one for metal and rock and collectables of same, and a second store, Euphoria, for everything else: pop etc., which doesn't fall under the "home of Heavy Metal" tag. They'll also be having a DVD store as well. Craig showed me around there last week... it's going to be massive!

Bloody hell, as if I dont spend enough there as it is, they have to go and make the place bigger with WAY more stuff. Wankers.