DEE SNIDER Completes Recording JAMEY JASTA-Produced Solo Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider has finished laying down the final vocal tracks for his upcoming solo album. The as-yet-untitled disc, which is being produced by HATEBREED vocalist Jamey Jasta, will tentatively feature contributions from Howard Jones (ex-KILLSWITCH ENGAGE), Mark Morton (LAMB OF GOD), Joel Grind and Nick Bellmore (TOXIC HOLOCAUST) and Charlie Bellmore (KINGDOM OF SORROW). Jasta previously described the LP as a "full-on metal album," adding that "people are gonna lose their minds when they hear this." He also called Dee "one of the best vocalists of our time" whose "voice is up there with Ozzy [Osbourne], [Ronnie James] Dio, [Bruce] Dickinson and [Rob] Halford to me. "And it's as powerful as ever!" he said. "Although this album will be very heavy, the songs are anthemic and will fit well in his solo set with 'We're Not Gonna Take It', 'I Wanna Rock', 'Burn In Hell', 'We Are The Ones', 'So What' and others," Jamey promised. In an interview with Poughkeepsie radio station 101.5 WPDH, Snider discussed how his pairing with Jasta came to be. "I decided to do a very aggressive metal record — a true metal record," he said. "Jamey is a fan of mine, and I was on his podcast, and he literally challenged me on the air. He said, 'Dude, you're iconic. I think you need to do a true metal record. Think Rob Halford's 'Resurrection', think in that direction. I go, 'Well, what do you got in mind?' He goes, 'Dude, I will produce it, and I've got songs, and I've got people stumbling over each other to write a song for Dee Snider.' Then he just started sending me music. The new stuff is powerful; it's great." Snider's last solo album, "We Are The Ones", was released in October 2016 via Red River Records (distributed by BFD/RED). Produced by Damon Ranger, the disc was described by Dee as "an album that is think part FOO FIGHTERS, part IMAGINE DRAGONS, part THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS." TWISTED SISTER called it quits in 2016 after completing a farewell 40th-anniversary tour.

Finished recording final track for new @jameyjasta produced record! So much label interest! This album is haaaaard! #WeAreAllFuckingMetal

— Dee Snider (@deesnider) February 3, 2018

The A Team doing background vocals for the @deesniderofficial_ metal album!! Haaaaaarrrrrrd! Can’t wait for everyone to hear this stuff! It’s insane!

A post shared by Jamey Jasta (@jameyjasta) on Jan 31, 2018 at 5:59pm PST

Ahh it's good to be roaring again! Nothing like Metal for releasing emotions. This record is going to be amazing...if you like the hard stuff.

A post shared by Dee Snider (@deesniderofficial_) on Jan 16, 2018 at 4:16pm PST

Continue reading...