DEF LEPPARD Drummer To Take Part In Twitter Q&A Session On Friday

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Join DEF LEPPARD drummer Rick Allen on his first official DEF LEPPARD Twitter fan question-and-answer session on Friday, September 27 at 4 p.m. EST. Rick will answer fans' questions about DEF LEPPARD, "Viva! Hysteria", DED FLATBIRD, his fine art or anything else on the fans' minds. Submit your questions on Twitter to @Def_Leppard with the hashtag #VIVAHysteria How to participate:* Log in to Twitter* In the "What's Happening" box on your profile, type your question.* Add the hashtag #VIVAHysteria to your post and click "tweet"Example: What is your favorite DEF LEPPARD song to play live? #VIVAHysteriaAs drummer for the English hard rock band DEF LEPPARD, Rick Allen knows what it's like to be on top of the musical world. After a near-fatal auto accident in 1984, he also knows what it's like to completely lose his left arm to amputation — and the post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that almost destroyed his will to live. "I didn't know what my life would be like after that terrible day," says Rick. "It was the darkest time in my life. And, even today, I still consider myself a work in progress." Rick began perfecting his use of a specially designed electronic drum kit so he could play with one arm. And perfect he did indeed; the resulting DEF LEPPARD album — "Hysteria" — sold more than 20 million copies worldwide.Rick founded the Raven Drum Foundation, which provides drum circles to Wounded Warrior to help encourage healing from PTSD. Other efforts of Rick's foundation include Resiliency Radio, where he broadcasts programs geared toward rebuilding a healthy life. This includes interviews with WWP teammates and other warriors.

More...