DEFTONES Frontman Talks To Australia's MANIACS About Surfing And Music (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
While he was in Australia, DEFTONES frontman Chino Moreno went to the beach to have a chat with Maniacs about surfing and music. Check out the footage below. DEFTONES begin their next European run on April 18 in Vienna, Austria, wrapping up on May 10 in Dublin, Ireland. "Phantom Bride" is the latest single taken from the current DEFTONES album, "Gore", which debuted at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 album chart last April. It was the band's highest-charting effort since their self-titled fourth album bowed and peaked at No. 2 in 2003. The new disc features a guest appearance from ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell. Moreno told U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine about the new album title: "If you look at the title and the artwork, it's about a juxtaposition that, for me, is very beautiful. "I think DEFTONES have always flirted with dynamic and that yin-and-yang of things that are provocative and things that are beautiful. Where our last two album titles were a lot more optimistic, I think this title is intentionally different. This record is very different. "I feel like 'Diamond Eyes' and 'Koi No Yokan' were brother-sister records in a lot of ways. They were both recording in the same way. And even though it was a tough few years we went through while making those records, I think it was important to have their optimistic outlook."

Continue reading...