DEFTONES Returning To Paris For First Time Since Terrorist Attacks

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, DEFTONES are returning next May to perform in Paris, France for the first time since the November 2015 terrorist attacks in the City of Light. DEFTONES were scheduled to begin a three-night stand at the Bataclan venue last November 14, but one night prior, on November 13, armed gunmen stormed the venue during an EAGLES OF DEATH METAL show and killed 89 people as part of a series of attacks on the city. Members of DEFTONES and their crew had actually been at the venue earlier that night to see part of the show, but left before the arrival of the terrorists. The shaken band postponed their European tour and headed home, but will return to Europe next spring and play the Olympia in Paris on May 2. The Pulse Of Radio asked DEFTONES singer Chino Moreno earlier this year if that experience had effected the way the band approaches touring now. "I hope not," he said. "I mean, honestly, I think the world's changed, you know. When something like that happens, the world changes, and I'm sure that'll be heavy on our minds for some time, you know. Music has always been a great escape from reality, you know, so as long as we can sort of get back to that in some way, you know, I think that's what we hope for." DEFTONES begin their European run on April 18 in Vienna, Austria, wrapping up on May 7 in Glasgow, Scotland. "Phantom Bride" is the latest single taken from the current DEFTONES album, "Gore", which debuted at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 album chart last April.

Continue reading...