Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries.

Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries

• Deliverance

Votes: 83 41.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 116 58.3%

• Total voters
I cant chose... but I voted GR cuz I feel a landslide coming on...

it all depends on what mood I am in.

I think Ghost Reveries starts out incredibly strong and interesting. I don't find the second half of the cd after harlequin forest all that interesting nor care for how the cd ends.

I think Deliverance climaxes until the end of the cd rather than just all the great music in the beginning.

just my two cents on this

what is the point in comparing two very different albums?

and i wouldnt say deliverance climaxes til the end...i mean....master's apprentices?

The Greys said:
I think Ghost Reveries starts out incredibly strong and interesting. I don't find the second half of the cd after harlequin forest all that interesting nor care for how the cd ends.

I think Deliverance climaxes until the end of the cd rather than just all the great music in the beginning.

just my two cents on this
The second half is worse on all opeth cds except Morningrise and maybe Orchid.

I voted GR because I think it a better album then Deliverence(all Opeth albums are).

Stimuli said:
Larsson said:
The second half is worse on all opeth cds
QUOTE]

Blackwater Park???
Yes. The firs part has The Leper Affinity, Bleak, Harvest and the Drapery Falls. The second par has Blackwater Park. Funeral Portrait is decent for being an Opeth song. I have never liked Dirge for November much at all.

Infact I think BWP has the worst second half of all Opeth cds when compared to the first. All my opinion ofcourse.

I think BWP has a really strong second half. And first half. Well it's my favorite Opeth CD, so yeah. And DFN is so freaking underrated.

As for the poll, GR.

MegaMoose said:
I think BWP has a really strong second half. And first half. Well it's my favorite Opeth CD, so yeah. And DFN is so freaking underrated.

As for the poll, GR.
DFN isn't underrated, its just not that good.

Yes, BWP is an amazing album however.

This was actually much harder than I expected. They're both middle of the road as far as Opeth is concerned (but epic compared to the rest of the planet). I would rank them 4th and 5th behind SL, MAYH and BWP and ahead of D2, MR and O. But in which order? Well, I suppose it depends on the week.

This week it's Ghost Reveries.

The Leper Affinity and Blackwater Park are equally great tracks so the album starts and ends on a high note. Funeral Potrait is probably my favorite song on BWP, has my favorite opeth solos.

Spydaman_69_2001 said:
Deliverance. I've never been able to listen to Ghost Reveries the whole way through at once. I would listen to a few songs but not the whole thing.

I have this problem also. The only amazing song after the first 2 is Harelequin Forest.

I'm not sure why there is 8 songs.

Two of the best tracks are in the beginning. The album could have atleast been spaced better, the other tracks are not actually bad or anything. The album is just hard to listen to whole because the order of songs.