Demand for original Candlelight pressing?

Nebularus

Sep 19, 2001
Kobe, Japan
Just wondering if the original pressing of the first three albums (NO LOGO) are in demand. I`m really out of the loop when it comes to Opeth.

No f*cking bonus tracks. The way it was meant to be.

I think they are..but only for collectors..
I already have them coz i've been into Opeth before they released the re-issues with the bonus tracks..

Yeah, its a shame you cant just skip the bonus tracks if you dont like 'em and quit bitching....oh wait a second...you can! Ha! I guess your bitching for no reason then, eh?

My new Mastodon cd (Leviathan) arrives sometime this week....someone pass me a towel...

^ haha that mastodon cd is so overrated. i really can't see why everyone claims listening to it gives instant orgasm. it's okay, i mean it's not BAD, but it's definetly not something i would rave about, at all.

EDIT: after browsing my files, the mastodon cd i have on my comp is actually "remission." okay, so i unintentionally bashed a cd i haven't heard yet, but..is the new one really that different from remission, if so, i'll give it a listen. otherwise, my argument stands: these guys aren't very special to me, haha.

deliverance said:
^ haha that mastodon cd is so overrated. i really can't see why everyone claims listening to it gives instant orgasm. it's okay, i mean it's not BAD, but it's definetly not something i would rave about, at all.

Ok, I agree also they ARE overrated but the CD still rocks like a muthfucker, you should hear their 13 min epic 'Hearts Alive' its quality best song on the album, I love longs songs thats why I love Opeth

:headbang:

deliverance said:

EDIT: after browsing my files, the mastodon cd i have on my comp is actually "remission." okay, so i unintentionally bashed a cd i haven't heard yet, but..is the new one really that different from remission, if so, i'll give it a listen. otherwise, my argument stands: these guys aren't very special to me, haha.

Heh, yeah, that first cd has a few standout awesome tracks (March Of The Fire Ants, O'le Nessie, Workhorse, Trilobite, Elephant Man), but not really consistent or varied enough to deserve the praise its been getting. But from what ive heard about the follow up, its an entirely different story...

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Heh, yeah, that first cd has a few standout awesome tracks (March Of The Fire Ants, O'le Nessie, Workhorse, Trilobite, Elephant Man), but not really consistent or varied enough to deserve the praise its been getting. But from what ive heard about the follow up, its an entirely different story...

your "hearing otherwise" about the new one inspired me to give them another chance, and hear the new material. i d/l'ed the album tonight, and just listened to it, and must say, i am impressed. it is VERY good. it indeed is a big step up. it's pretty sweet that it's a moby dick concept album too. the cover art owns haha.

It's been over a year since I've listened to Opeth, nearly two years since I've lurked around here. So I had a question about the re-issues, and I figured the best place to get this question answered was here.

Concerning the re-issues for My arms, Your Hearse and Still Life do the new bonus tracks take away from the stories of both of these albums? I haven't read anything about these two and I would most likely prefer originals (I don't have mine cause I sold them a year ago...).

Feedback on the other re-issues' bonus tracks would be cool too. Thanks.