Demo-level mixing service (it’s free!)

Laardi

Hilardious metal!
Nov 22, 2012
Finland
EDIT Dec 6: Thank you for your interest! Both of you! :D I am no longer offering this service due to time constraints.
---

Hello Metal bands!

Apparently I sit in front of a computer and mix for a hobby every night... I would certainly like to have some more raw material from actual bands. Thus, I am offering a mixing/mastering/reamping service (free at this point!) just to gain some more experience from interacting with the bands, building my portfolio and skills etc.

So if you happen to have a bunch of DI, midi and/or wav-file tracks lying around for a song or two, please contact me and let me mix/master your stuff! This is mainly targeted to demo level bands and/or to composers who don’t want to get their hands dirty.

Here is a potpourri of some of my recent productions: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55653919/139-examples.mp3

Enquiries by email: LongJohnAudio@gmail.com

Thanks for pointing that out. Then there is also this site: http://nrqs.net/en/posts/110

Besides practicing mixing, I have also other interests here, such as having the possibility to directly ask for permission to use the bands' copyrighted material in promoting my own work. I am not really sure how to deal with those practice cases in this regard (because I would essentially be sharing a copy of somebody else's song).

usually peeps noted that somewhere...something along the lines of
"if you use this to promote your work, credit me this way (...)"

and maybe you could also note somewhere that it's not an official mix.

Way better to go about this than fuck around with offering free mixes online, which essentially means you'll have no idea what you'll be getting, cause you didn't record it yourself.
A lot of the offers would be half assed stuff, since people don't see it as an investment if they don't have to pay for it.

You'd be better off scouting bands in your area and offering them to record a song for free.
Definitely a better chance that you'll land payed work later on that way!
Especially if you say that you only do pre-pro level work for now.
Most bands should embrace to get to do pre-pro level demos for free. And if they dig working with you on that chances are the are gonna hit you up later on, provided you step up your production game over time.

Yeah it is true that I could and should credit whoever provides the multitracks. But I think that (according to local laws; no "fair use" etc in Finland) there should also be a permission from the label/band in the first place if it is a cover song.

I actually have more of a scouting-type ad on a local musicians' forum. But i have received zero contacts so far. That is why I am posting here.

Anyway, thanks for your comments Mago. You are most probably right about the commitment and quality aspects, but I guess I have to bang my head against the wall a couple of times to really understand that :D

Thank you for your interest! Both of you! :D I am no longer offering this service due to time constraints.