Demo songs of my project

Hi All!

Here are 3 from the 5 songs that are going to be on the upcoming demo cd of my solo project. The songs contains no vocals yet, and no bass guitar, but I start recording those within a couple of weeks (I hope )
I hope you like them, I hope they aren't boring as they are written with vocals in mind. (recorded with a marshall AVT150, planning to buy an POD xt pro) (I played/wrote all the guitars and solo's)

Thanx for checking it out! :)

Beyond The Gates

Feed the Inferno

The Ascent

www.catastrophy-band.tk

right now, i am in a really really bad mood and when i listened the first 5 secons of everysong all i have to say is. . .

goddammit boy, this is some pretty good metal !!
mood is 100% good now, im gonna listen these songs for hours.

Catastrophy said:
Hi All!

Here are 3 from the 5 songs that are going to be on the upcoming demo cd of my solo project. The songs contains no vocals yet, and no bass guitar, but I start recording those within a couple of weeks (I hope )
I hope you like them, I hope they aren't boring as they are written with vocals in mind. (recorded with a marshall AVT150, planning to buy an POD xt pro) (I played/wrote all the guitars and solo's)

Thanx for checking it out! :)

Beyond The Gates

Feed the Inferno

The Ascent

www.catastrophy-band.tk

1: howdid you record you guitar ( mic etc )
2: what recording software did u use
3: how did you record/make the drums.
4: what are your inspirations.
5: did u know this is some pretty good shit.
6:did yu know you can shred pretty wel.

and is this the marshall u have : http://www.americanmusical.com/images/d/p13447d.jpg

????????????????

Mendel said:
1: howdid you record you guitar ( mic etc )
2: what recording software did u use
3: how did you record/make the drums.
4: what are your inspirations.
5: did u know this is some pretty good shit.
6:did yu know you can shred pretty wel.

No it's not the marshall I have, I have top/cabinet version.

1. I recorded it though an EQ (from a boss) and a Marshall AVT150, direct in the soundcard of my PC. I'm not that happy with the sound, I'm not that good at mixing haha. I'm planning to buy an POD XT pro.
2. For the recording of the guitars I used Vegas 5.0
3. Drums are DFH though Battery
4. Inspirations are Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, Nevermore, John Petrucci, Adrian Smith, Malmsteen, and alot more :)
5. Thanx!
6. I practice alot, but i'm not (yet) at the playing level I wanne be at. One day I will I hope :)

Catastrophy said:
No it's not the marshall I have, I have top/cabinet version.

1. I recorded it though an EQ (from a boss) and a Marshall AVT150, direct in the soundcard of my PC. I'm not that happy with the sound, I'm not that good at mixing haha. I'm planning to buy an POD XT pro.
2. For the recording of the guitars I used Vegas 5.0
3. Drums are DFH though Battery
4. Inspirations are Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, Nevermore, John Petrucci, Adrian Smith, Malmsteen, and alot more :)
5. Thanx!
6. I practice alot, but i'm not (yet) at the playing level I wanne be at. One day I will I hope :)

ur guitar sound is pretty good ! i thought they where miced !! nice job.
cool thin done with drumkit from hell!!!!!! and malmsteen rulez :) .
ur arpeggio's are quite good!!!!. try practicing fully triplet arpeggio's.
or just fully arpeggio's.

something like:

Code:
Spoor 1

E||---12p8-------------------------8-12/17p12----|
B||--------10-------------------10------------13-|
G||*----------9---------------9------------------|
D||*------------10---------10--------------------|
A||----------------12-7h12-----------------------|
E||----------------------------------------------|

--------------------12h15h20p15p12----------------|
-----------------13----------------13-------------|
--12----------12----------------------12----------|
-----14----14----------------------------14-------|
--------15----------------------------------15-10h|
--------------------------------------------------|

--------------10h15h19p15p10---------------------|
-----------12----------------12------------------|
--------12----------------------12---------------|
-----12----------------------------12------------|
--14----------------------------------14p10------|
--------------------------------------------10p7-|

-------------7h12h16p12p7----------------||---|
-----------9--------------9--------------||---|
---------9------------------9-----------*||---|
-------9----------------------9---------*||---|
--7h11--------------------------11-7h11--||---|
-----------------------------------------||---|

|---12p8--------------------------5h10h13-|
|--------10---------------------6---------|
|*----------9-----------------7-----------|
|*------------10------------7-------------|
|----------------12p7---5h8---------------|
|---------------------8-------------------|

--10p7-------------------------3h8h12p|--8-5-----------------------1h6h10p|
-------8---------------------5--------|------6-------------------3--------|
---------7-----------------5----------|--------5---------------3----------|
-----------9-------------5------------|----------7-----------3------------|
-------------10------3h7--------------|------------8-----1h5--------------|
----------------10p7------------------|--------------8p5------------------|

--7-4-------4/10p7--------7/13p10----------10/16p13----------13-|
------5---5--------9----9---------12----12----------15----15----|
--------4------------10--------------13----------------16-------|
----------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------12-17p12----------------------------13-17p13-------------|
--------------13----------13----------------------15----------15----------|
-----------14----------------14----------------14----------------14-------|
--------14----------------------14----------15----------------------15----|
--12h15----------------------------15-12h17----------------------------17-|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------10-15p10----------------------------12h15h20p15p12-------------
--------------12----------12----------------------13----------------13----------
-----------12----------------12----------------12----------------------12-------
--------12----------------------12----------14----------------------------14----
--10h14----------------------------14-10h15----------------------------------15-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------8-13p8---------------------------10h13h18p13p10-------------|
-------------10--------10---------------------11----------------11----------|
----------10--------------10---------------10----------------------10-------|
-------10--------------------10---------12----------------------------12----|
--8h12--------------------------12-8h13----------------------------------13-|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

--7p4-------4/10p7--------7/13p10----------10/16p13----------13-||
------5---5--------9----9---------12----12----------15----15----||
--------4------------10--------------13----------------16-------||
----------------------------------------------------------------||

Genius Gone Insane said:
Rad songwriting dude! Guitars sound cool...Drums sound a little fake....Is there a bass track????

I thought the drums rocked ass! Cool shit, bro. I gotta get DFH. I've been using Acoustica Beatcraft. It's not bad and works for now, but at some point I'm going to have to step up to something cooler.

Genius Gone Insane said:
Rad songwriting dude! Guitars sound cool...Drums sound a little fake....Is there a bass track????

quote:

The writing and riffing is totally top notch. The leads to me just seem kinda sterile. Its obvious you have woodshedded.. but i dont hear a lot of emo in your lead lines... listen to a ton of yngwie and marty - thats just pure emo..

the riffing is very very tight, and very creative.. its just great all round metal... you could use a v amp and a soundblaster it doesnt matter... i think you need to work on your bending and vibrato to get your stuff up to snuff (that was a ryhme).

here is a real quick clammy thing I did... with a definite yngwie gank and some marty bends in there. having a quick picking hand is one thing.. i mean.. its way rad to have it and it super helps but.. you have to hit bends that just do the right thing... this is kind of a poor example but...

http://www.jcm900.com/mp3/twkd.mp3

EtherForBreakfast said:
The writing and riffing is totally top notch. The leads to me just seem kinda sterile. Its obvious you have woodshedded.. but i dont hear a lot of emo in your lead lines... listen to a ton of yngwie and marty - thats just pure emo..

the riffing is very very tight, and very creative.. its just great all round metal... you could use a v amp and a soundblaster it doesnt matter... i think you need to work on your bending and vibrato to get your stuff up to snuff (that was a ryhme).

here is a real quick clammy thing I did... with a definite yngwie gank and some marty bends in there. having a quick picking hand is one thing.. i mean.. its way rad to have it and it super helps but.. you have to hit bends that just do the right thing... this is kind of a poor example but...

http://www.jcm900.com/mp3/twkd.mp3

Thanx man!! Yeah I need to work on that, I'm learning some yngwy stuff right now and it is helping :) The problem is that I never learned solo's or songs from other bands, I just practiced scales and excercises, it makes you sound likes this I guess haha. But I will take a break from writing songs and I will be focusing on my lead playing. Thanx for listeningen!!!

Mendel said:
quote:

Yeah I get kinda sloppy with my reading sometimes, A.D.D. i guess :loco: ... Anyway, yeah, the drums do rock, but it's pretty clear that they're not a real drummer. Obviously if that's your taste, go for it...didn't Meshuggah do that on their newest record?

Genius Gone Insane said:
Yeah I get kinda sloppy with my reading sometimes, A.D.D. i guess :loco: ... Anyway, yeah, the drums do rock, but it's pretty clear that they're not a real drummer. Obviously if that's your taste, go for it...didn't Meshuggah do that on their newest record?

Yeah they did, but I really hope finding a real drummer, I really want to play these songs with a band and a good singer! But having real trouble finding one :erk:

Hi Catastrophy Amazing riffing and the leads are not bad ppl! My Catastrophy wanted to ask what tuning that u use? What guitar? what pickups?

What were your main influnces in the song strutures of these songs? I can't think of any bands which play the style you are playing ....

viva_360 said:
Hi Catastrophy Amazing riffing and the leads are not bad ppl! My Catastrophy wanted to ask what tuning that u use? What guitar? what pickups?

What were your main influnces in the song strutures of these songs? I can't think of any bands which play the style you are playing ....

Thanx man!! My tuning is in D, I use a Ibanez guitar, with V7 and V8 pickups, planning to replace them with EMG pickups. My main influences are alot metal bands, like Maiden, Arch Enemy, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, etc. But I also like progressive rock like Spock's Beard. Thanx for the compliments!! :)

That DOMINATES! I actually really like that guitar tone! My advice however would be to roll off the resonance on the kick. It's way too BOOM. They are also a little to loud. Either bring up the guitars or lower the the drums a tad. Add a bass track if possible. GREAT JOB!

You are using Stock pickups? The sound thats coming out of them are actually pretty kool!

Is it the same Ibanez guitar used for all the tracks or you have used differnent guitars? YOu have another guitarist right?

viva_360 said:
You are using Stock pickups? The sound thats coming out of them are actually pretty kool!

Is it the same Ibanez guitar used for all the tracks or you have used differnent guitars? YOu have another guitarist right?

I used one guitar for all the tracks, with stock pickups. The other guitarist didn't play or wrote something on the songs. He is going to play with me if I ever get a band together, so his name is on the website. :)
I'm working on getting a band together, hopefully I can perform these songs live soon!! :) :headbang: