Democrats: Gore vs Kerry

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I'm curious but when Bush 'won' the last election, there were several people talking about the lesser of two evils between him and Al Gore. That's how the decision was made at least for some of the swing-voters. I'm sure some people even flipped a coin.

What about this time round? Is it the lesser of two evils again? Leaving Bush aside, how would you compare Kerry against Gore?

Who knows, that was 4 years ago. :tickled: Gore was kind of wacky and I think much more of a liberal's liberal than Kerry is. I think people might have viewed Gore as Clinton without the finesse as well.

If Gore gained 50 pounds and grew his beard out again I'd vote for him.

One Inch Man said:
Who knows, that was 4 years ago. :tickled: Gore was kind of wacky and I think much more of a liberal's liberal than Kerry is. I think people might have viewed Gore as Clinton without the finesse as well.
totally. i voted for gore in 2000, things seemed to be going pretty well with them in the white house, the biggest problem was the prez getting head from various people. if gore had won i can tell you we wouldnt be in fucking iraq right now, thats for sure. we wouldnt have broken all those treaties, we wouldnt have relaxed all the pollution controls, we wouldnt have let the fucking ban on assult riffles expire, we woulnt have gone from unheard of wouldwide american support to unheard of wouldwide american hatred in a matter of months, we wouldnt have told the UN to go fuck themselves numerous times, and so on. this fucker has got to go. gore wouldve been better than bush, kerry would be better than bush. i dont really know whos better between the two of em, and it doesnt really matter.

nealforpresident.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong being liberal?

Webster's

Liberal adj. 1. generous 2. ample; abundant 3. not literal or strict 4. tolerant; broad-minded. 5. favoring reform or progess. Used in noun form= one who favors reform or progress.

Conservative adj. 1. tending to conserve 2. tending to preserve established institutions, etc; opposed to change 3. moderate, cautious. Used as a noun=a conservative person.

The stigma against liberals is easy to understand, right wingers love to paint them as being a herd of followers who have no respect for American values (whatever those might be in 2004) and apologize for criminals. But more than that, conservatives use liberal as a dirty word because they realize they seek to reform their institutions and hold them responsible for their actions.

Both sides use both labels as bad names. And as far as what is wrong with being liberal, the same can be asked about being conservative, particularly the "opposed to change" part you pointed out. I can think of about a million things that have gotten worse due to change and so-called progress.

One Inch Man said:
Both sides use both labels as bad names. And as far as what is wrong with being liberal, the same can be asked about being conservative, particularly the "opposed to change" part you pointed out. I can think of about a million things that have gotten worse due to change and so-called progress.
Huge Difference. With all the faults that a conservative may have, it's very rare that they would be accused of being unpatriotic. If you're a liberal in the US, that must mean you side with the terrorists. Just ask the Dixie Chicks. It's so sad that people might be voting for conservative victory this year for fear of looking like a traitor in their neighbours eyes.

Is it still that bad on the east coast? I didn't get a chance to debate much when I was there ( :loco: ), but out here that "liberal traitor" stigma has been pretty much gone for almost a year. Then again I hang out with a bunch of rabble rousers anyhow.