Demonic?

IcedEarth556

Metal Keyboardist
Feb 2, 2002
U.S.A
Visit site
I already have a few Testament CDs, but I plan on buying almost their whole discography. I was wondering if this CD will be worth my time. I don't hear much of it when I read about Testament and it doesnt seem talked about amongst the fans too much. So would you recommend this?

Yeah, you gotta have 'em all bro! - well aside from maybe the "best of's" I never care for those from ANY band.
(locate a copy of Demonic on vinyl and as a finders fee I'll send ya my cd)
Why do I have the feeling that some guy in like Greece or the Netherlands has a box full just collecting dust? LOL

Of course all the TESTAMENT albums are worth having, but musically this is my least favorite disc, Chuck's vocals are all Death Metal Growls, no variety or singing, all the same. Of course there are a couple songs, on the album, I really like, The Burning Times & John Doe are great. I shot the band photo, for that one,
& the artwork is cool.

it was just a crack and not my fave
but it's not bad

in my opinion, to have a best-of CD it's the best way to know a band
and I wanna hear also live performance of a band.
it's as important as best of cd for me...

best of - Schmest of!!!
I HATE best of records, Ive yet to see any "best of" record that actually showcases a bands BEST material. Take the TestAmenT ones, they dont even include their most brutal songs, yet they have their wimpy ballads (which make me cringe whenever I hear them) The best song on Practice What You Preach (Blessed in Contempt) is nowhere to be found on EITHER "best of" and from Souls of Black do you actually think the title track is the BEST?? Its more like the 2nd worst! (atleast IMO) and I think thats what it comes down to, popularity and opinion.
Best ofs are just a way to get people to buy what they already have. Two more examples, "the best of the Doors" it doesnt even come CLOSE to having their best material, its just the popular radio songs which are already WAY overplayed.
Same with the Black Sabbath ones.

my favourite in PWUP is '' Sins Of Omission ''..its included in '' The Best Of Testament 1996 '' :)

about Demonic..i dont like this album, not even just one song :) i have all discography(except Live Eindhoven 1988) and Demonic is the one that i love the least..

Demonic is one of my favorite CDs. The above comment that all the vocals are death metal is bullshit as well. Hatred's Rise has vocals that are not death metal at all. If anything they are closer to the thrash vocals from earlier Testament.

One thing that surprises me is that everyone here loves Gene Holgan but doesn't like the CD he did drums for.

I think Souls of Black is an awesome song, but I think the rest of the CD wasnt amazing.

Demonic is definately worth the money. It has most of my favorite new Testament songs, like Jun-Jun, The Burning Times, Distorted Lives, and Hatred's Rise.

Originally posted by TrueBeliever
Demonic is one of my favorite CDs. The above comment that all the vocals are death metal is bullshit as well. Hatred's Rise has vocals that are not death metal at all. If anything they are closer to the thrash vocals from earlier Testament.

One thing that surprises me is that everyone here loves Gene Holgan but doesn't like the CD he did drums for.

I think Souls of Black is an awesome song, but I think the rest of the CD wasnt amazing.

Demonic is definately worth the money. It has most of my favorite new Testament songs, like Jun-Jun, The Burning Times, Distorted Lives, and Hatred's Rise.

its not only about Gene Hoglan's drumming dude..only drumming is important on a record?? no, absolutely not..
i like Richard Christy but i hate his work with Iced Earth,Horrorshow..this is another example..

I think the rest of Demonic besides the drums are incredible too.

And I think Horrow Show is a huge dissapointment. The structure of new Iced Earth is nothing compared to their old songs. The lyrics to Horrow Show often just kind of sucked, probably because there is nothing to say about bad old horror movies. New Iced Earth isnt really as heavy as it used to be either.

Even the one with Iced Earth in his username has some criticism of the band. I think that Jon Schaffer can get pretty repetitive in his music writing. The song "heaven denies" from the demons and wizards CD sounds like just a bunch of riffs from The Dark Saga and Something Wicked CDs. And also some riffs on Horror Show sound familiar. But I still think that is a great CD.

Exactly, its getting a repetitive. I heard Something Wicked and Horrow Show before I really starting listening to Days of Purgatory, which my brother already had, and Dark Saga which I bought soon. I used to love Something Wicked, then I listened to Dark Saga, and realized most of the riffs were just from Dark Saga. I think Dark Saga is a good cd, but a lot of the cd starts to sound similar.

I still don't have the money to buy Stormrider and Iced Earth, but those would have to be my favorites. The songs are all different from each other, and I think every song is better written than the newer songs.

i got bored of Iced Earth really quickly..i bought all albums in about 1 month and it didnt get me long to get bored..quite repetitive..

but still i enjoy NOTS and Burnt Offerings..Burnt Offerings is ym favourite IE album and my favourite IE song is again Burnt Offerings :headbang:

Demonic is a good album, but the best? no, I can't accept that
because It ain't Testament
If u wanna hear death, go and listen death bands

I think testament can make it better than many death bands
but testament is a great thrash band!!!

@The Omnipotent Bob, Yes I already ruled out some albums. I know I do not plan on buying either of the "best of testaments." Why would I buy those if I already have every song on those CDs on another CD?