Demons and Wizards

To my knowledge there are but two albums out by Demons & Wizards. I happen to like both.

They are:

"Touched by the Crimson King" (this is the most recent release)
"Demons & Wizards"

I don't think you could go wrong with either. :headbang:

The debut, although not great, is better than the second disc. The debut features some really strong songs, alongside some very average tracks. The second disc is flat out weak and should not be purchased blindly. Jon and Hansi were never even in the same room during the writing process... and it shows.

Zod

I think there's some really good songs on the second disc but overall it is pretty weak. I usually end up skipping over 2/3rds of the songs.

Jon and Hansi were never even in the same room during the writing process... Zod

I was not aware of this -- very interesting. Although I do, for the most part, like the second disc I would agree with you that the first one is superior. Hopefully, if there is a Demons & Wizards III at some point in time the collaborators will spend time together in person to do the writing of the material at least. A tall task I'm sure but not an impossible one.

I was not aware of this -- very interesting. Although I do, for the most part, like the second disc I would agree with you that the first one is superior. Hopefully, if there is a Demons & Wizards III at some point in time the collaborators will spend time together in person to do the writing of the material at least. A tall task I'm sure but not an impossible one.
While I suspect this project was started with the best of intentions and a real desire among the two artists to collaborate, it has come to feel like a money grab. When you consider how meticulous Jon is about everything concerning Iced Earth, it's quite telling when the quality of D&W's material is well below what we've come to expect of IE and BG.

If they do write another D&W disc, hopefully they'll find enough time in their respective schedules to give the project the attention it deserves. In addition, I'm hopeful they'll chose someone else to produce it. Jim Morris is obviously a capable producer. However, an outside voice would probably give D&W a more distinct sound.

Zod

Andy Sneap could be an interesting choice as producer as he has a pretty solid track record based on what I have heard / read. I'm sure there are many other very capable producers out there as well that could lend the "outside voice" that is needed. But now I'm treading in an area that I don't know a whole heck of a lot about....

The debut, although not great, is better than the second disc. The debut features some really strong songs, alongside some very average tracks. The second disc is flat out weak and should not be purchased blindly. Jon and Hansi were never even in the same room during the writing process... and it shows.

Zod

I don't believe I could have summed it up better myself. As far as I'm concerned, the 2nd cd was one of the crappiest piece of works I've purchased on faith. however, I'm in love with almost the entire tracklist on the 'debut'

Zod

Almost completely agreed. I'm a pretty big fan of the first album- the second was comparatively pretty weak

While I suspect this project was started with the best of intentions and a real desire among the two artists to collaborate, it has come to feel like a money grab. When you consider how meticulous Jon is about everything concerning Iced Earth, it's quite telling when the quality of D&W's material is well below what we've come to expect of IE and BG.

If they do write another D&W disc, hopefully they'll find enough time in their respective schedules to give the project the attention it deserves. In addition, I'm hopeful they'll chose someone else to produce it. Jim Morris is obviously a capable producer. However, an outside voice would probably give D&W a more distinct sound.

Zod

Totally agreed.