Demos 1989 - 1993

Jerry

Apr 20, 2003
I was (still am!) real glad with the special edition re-issue of BOTW. The demo tracks are amazing! Will the remaining three tracks ever be released?

When were the tracks on disc 2 recorded? I have four demos: Enchant (1989), Conscience Of The King (1990), Demo 1991-1992, and Demo 1992-1993. Is that correct?

On the tape I got it said "Dollars And Sense", while the Inside Out CD says "Dollars And Cents". Which is correct?!

By the way, nice to see Inside Out left in the typo Dream Circle made: "Aquaintance"... ;-)

Thanks!
Jerry

Wow! And I thought I was a big fan!
bowdown.gif

Hey Dolphz! Good to see you around!

I have been contemplating getting the re-issue of BOTW with all those bonuses... despite already having a regular copy...

I re-bought the cd, well worth it! Esp since Blueprint is my fav Enchant cd. I bought the Wounded/Time Lost reissue also, great sound. I wish they would have thrown their few cover songs on there as extra tracks (Man Of Our Times, Changes, and I think there's one more). Now if I could only get them to visit the Chicago area :).

I had all the CDs as well, but rebought only for the bonus tracks. I gave the originals to someone I know - a new Enchant fan coming right up, I hope! ;-)

The cover tunes, interesting topic... I'd better read the bootleg topics, but I know there is a live tape (from Belgium) with a few of them. I seem to remember a Pearl Jam song...

Jerry

The live cover song is 'Would' by Alice in Chains.
They played it while supporting Dream Theater.
DT drummer Mike Portnoy guests on drums.
I did have this on tape somewhere, but I think it is lost when I moved from Australia to the UK.

However I am trying to get it again, from the guy who recorded the show.

Jerry said:
I was (still am!) real glad with the special edition re-issue of BOTW. The demo tracks are amazing! Will the remaining three tracks ever be released?

Probably not. There is too much new music from the incarnation of the present band to go backwards.

When were the tracks on disc 2 recorded? I have four demos: Enchant (1989), Conscience Of The King (1990), Demo 1991-1992, and Demo 1992-1993. Is that correct?

That sound about right to me. Except the 89' demo; we were called "Mae Dae" then.

On the tape I got it said "Dollars And Sense", while the Inside Out CD says "Dollars And Cents". Which is correct?!

"Dollars And Sense" is the proper title. The other is a misprint.

By the way, nice to see Inside Out left in the typo Dream Circle made: "Aquaintance"... ;-)

I actually made sure it was spelled right this time around!

Thanks!
Jerry

No problem, glad you enjoyed the material!

Doug

Jerry:
>>Will the remaining three tracks ever be released?
Doug:
>Probably not. There is too much new music from the
>incarnation of the present band to go backwards.

I'd better start cleaning transferring those tracks from tape to hard disk then...

Jerry
>>By the way, nice to see Inside Out left in the typo Dream Circle
>>made: "Aquaintance"... ;-)
Doug:
>I actually made sure it was spelled right this time around!

They spelled it correctly inside the booklet, with the lyrics. The slipcase and the inlay card (both sides) got it wrong...

Jerry