Destruction organize greatest gathering of metal vocalists on one song ever...

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
taken from their site www.destruction.de

We're happy to present you the new cover artwork today! Take a first look at it in our gallery!

The headbanging anthem "the Allance of Hellhoundz" will be one of the highlights of the album. This song will feature ten !!! different Metalsingers from all HM styles singing together for tolerance and unity of the "scene"!

Here are the "Hellhoundz" involved: Biff (Saxon), Doro, Shagrath (Dimmu Borgir), Speed (Soilwork), Paul Di Anno (ex-Iron Maiden/Killers), Messiah (Candlemass), Mark Osegueda (Death Angel), Peavy (Rage), Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy/Pain) and of course DESTRUCTION frontman Schmier!

Expect a total classic! More news and soundfiles soon!

So stay tuned...

-------------------------

#1 this is a great fucking idea to have singers of all metal styles involved in one metal song

#2 Peavy Wagner, Peter Tägtgren, Shagrath, and Schmier on one track = fucking amazing.

And Mark! Don't forget Mark! But as far as I remember, you are not familiar with the beauty that is Death Angel... You do need to remedy that, Matt!

Man, this does sound awesome!

- Annie

zimbee said:
And Mark! Don't forget Mark! But as far as I remember, you are not familiar with the beauty that is Death Angel... You do need to remedy that, Matt!

Man, this does sound awesome!

- Annie

nope I'm familiar with Death Angel now, I forgot to mention him :)

btw are you the same Annie from the Blind Guardian forum?

Jim LotFP said:
... one good singer in the bunch. woooooooooooo.

Did they select on vocal quality or name recognition? :p

In your opinion. This list is like a who's who of some of the best vocalists to represent each of their respective genres. I'm going to guess you're not a fan of growlers :p

Yngvai X said:
In your opinion. This list is like a who's who of some of the best vocalists to represent each of their respective genres. I'm going to guess you're not a fan of growlers :p

Shagrath isn't even the best growler in his own damn band, let alone the genre.

I like growlers fine.

#1 this is a great fucking idea to have singers of all metal styles involved in one metal song

I see delegates from thrash (Destruction/DA singers), old school heavy metal (Biff, Paul, and Peavy), death/blackish (Peter/Shagrath), doom (Messiah), metalcore (Soilwork guy), and one generic, though very good, female singer (Doro). Where's the high-pitched power metal screamer (Ernie Kiske would have been cool in this role, as would Andre Matos or Ralf Scheepers)? Where's the Geddy- or LaBrie-esque prog metal singer? Also, the growly vocalists represent only the more high-pitched of the growlers; where's the guy from Nile, or the guy from Dying Fetus? The "old-school", deep, guttural death growlers?

Still, that's a nice lineup, although I'd prefer to hear it over the course of an Ayreon/Avantasia-style concept disc. Doing it all on one track seems like overkill to me.

Shagrath is nothing to be impressed with, he's really crappy, and Soilwork's vocalist isn't anything special.

That said, it is pretty impressive to get those guys.....kind of like Ayreon but with harsh vocalists.

Just for kicks, if I was going to put together some best of every genre vocalist thing, it would probably be:

Death: Lord Worm, Peter (Vader)
Black: Ihsahn, Garm
Thrash: Mille Petrozza

At least for the harsh portion.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Shagrath is nothing to be impressed with, he's really crappy, and Soilwork's vocalist isn't anything special.

That said, it is pretty impressive to get those guys.....kind of like Ayreon but with harsh vocalists.
becasue the Human Equation didn't have ANY harsh vocals =/

I know......but just like the thrash/death/black edition of it. Having Mikael Akerfeldt and a couple of screams from Devin Townsend doesn't constitute being really harsh.......

Best Collection of Metal Vocalists Ever on One Song???

I give you:
  • Ronnie James Dio (Dio)
  • Dave Meniketti (Y&T)
  • Rob Halford (Judas Priest)
  • Kevin DuBrow (Quiet Riot)
  • Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult)
  • Paul Shortino (Quiet Riot, Rough Cutt)
  • Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
  • Don Dokken (Dokken)
"We're Stars . . . We're staaaaaaarrrrss"

Steve in Philly