Dethlok On Tour?!?

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=48019

Cartoons and metal maestros collide.

DETHKLOK and CHIMAIRA and one other as-yet-announced act will reportedly join forces for a late spring/early summer tour in the US. So far the following dates have been revealed:

June 02 - Seattle, WA - The Showbox
June 03 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
June 24 - Worcester, MA - Palladium

DETHKLOK's first-ever CD release "The Dethalbum", has quickly become "the best-selling death metal album of all time," according to a press release.

The LP sold nearly 34,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position #21 on The Billboard 200 chart.

The live line-up will feature Brendon Small, guitarist Mike Keneally, bassist Bryan Beller and drummer Gene Hoglan.

According to a recent interview with Brendon Small, the Dethklok tour will "be like Gorillaz, with the animated characters" with Small's ensemble of musicians performing visibly.

They already did one tour and it was fairly successful....Hopefully, They'll keep this going.....It seems that video games, cartoons, and movie soundtracks have been the savior of keeping metal in the public eye for the past several years.

yea I checked dethklok when they played at Berkeley. It was a fun show. They a movie screen behind them showing clips... Plus Gene Hoglan on drums. I'd check it out again. I like Chaimara too, although the one time I saw them live, it was just ok.