Detroit Opeth Tailgate May 14th.

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Hello all!

We have about 20 people tailgating across from the Fillmore right in front of Comerica Park. We are busting out the grill, listening to some Opeth, having plastic cups full of our favorite beverages, and indulging in some fine British Columbia grown plants at 4:00pm the day of the show.

I have an Blue GMC Envoy with a Opeth sticker on the back window.

Join us for food, fun, and mayhem!

Mix

Sweet, I'll keep that in mind, if I can make it down early enough. Sounds like a good time, and I never miss an opportunity to "indulge." Thanks, sir.

First the thanksgiving invitational, and now this. You may be the kindest person on this forum.

EDIT: You may be the kindest person, period.

I might drop by if I get there early enough, sounds like a good time.

Come and hang!

The consumable list:

Brats, Burgers, Chicken Wings, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Pico-De-Gallo, Tositios, Doritios, Hard Pretzels with Mustard, Squirrels and Cow Tails (the candy not the animals.... to take care of the sweet craving), Labatt Blue and Blue Light, Budweiser Select, Jaegermeister, Cuervo Black (lemon and salt optional), Absolute (mixers cranberry juice and orange juice if desired), Jack Daniels, Absinthe (just ordered the home brew kit) Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew, Vernors (for you Detroit folk), chocolate chip cookies and oranges. If you want anything else grilled, bring it yourself, and use the grill. The good news is there is no Detroit Tiger game scheduled for this day, so it will be relatively quiet in the area.

Mix

Come and hang!

The consumable list:

Brats, Burgers, Chicken Wings, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Pico-De-Gallo, Tositios, Doritios, Hard Pretzels with Mustard, Squirrels and Cow Tails (the candy not the animals.... to take care of the sweet craving), Labatt Blue and Blue Light, Budweiser Select, Jaegermeister, Cuervo Black (lemon and salt optional), Absolute (mixers cranberry juice and orange juice if desired), Jack Daniels, Absinthe (just ordered the home brew kit) Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew, Vernors (for you Detroit folk), chocolate chip cookies and oranges. If you want anything else grilled, bring it yourself, and use the grill. The good news is there is no Detroit Tiger game scheduled for this day, so it will be relatively quiet in the area.

Mix

I wish you were my best friend. :mad:

Hello all!

We have about 20 people tailgating across from the Fillmore right in front of Comerica Park. We are busting out the grill, listening to some Opeth, having plastic cups full of our favorite beverages, and indulging in some fine British Columbia grown plants at 4:00pm the day of the show.

Mix

If anyone wants to do this at the Pittsburgh show I'm down!

Hello all!

Mix

FUCK YA BRO I LOVE IT I FUCKING LOVE IT :headbang::Smokin::headbang:

As said before, you are very generous.

I'll be hitting up the Detroit show as well as the Cleveland one.

I was very much jealous of the Filmore's general admission and main floor area.

Cleveland has seats. >.<

I'll be at the show its to bad it rained that was turning out to be a sweet tailgate. Me and my friends will probably just get a giant bag of baconators before we head down to the Filmore.

Three is amazing live. Pure talent, and kinda of like Opeth, you can't fully enjoy them until you see them live.

Same set-list as previous dates on the tour, and it was great to hear Wreath finally live. One of the Dream Theater fan boys was next to me, and moved because he "could not handle it".

Funny moments: Between the first and second song, Mike said he had the best steak he ever had before going on, and said that he was full. (I think he may have eaten at Carl's Chop house which is just a hop skip and a jump from the Fillmore. Best steak in town!) He then proceeded to give everyone a Swedish lesson and said the swedish word for "full" was "fu" from what I could understand. Then someone in the front row asked him what the Swedish word for "cum" was, and he replied "semen". LOL

I was in the mezzanine level (my mosh days are long over, especially with all the emo dudes there for BTBAM), and the kept the house lights up for the entire Opeth set. Was a minor annoyance, but they were off for both Three and BTBAM.

Would have loved to have heard something other than The Drapery Falls, as it felt anti-climatic after Heir Apparent. Or maybe to have done it last because it killed live, and everyone who is going to see them on this tour can appreciate.

Thanks Opeth for kicking ass once again.

Mix

Shame about the weather, sounded like a hell of a time you had planned.

I must goto an Opeth concert...

it seems incredible to me that with all this proliferation of cellphones and digital cameras, still no one maybe posted some pictures of these opeth concerts...?

or maybe i lost something...

ehr... i actually went to london the 26th of april, and took some pics, but it's not me who have the memory card, but the girl who was with me.
that was her camera so... i meet her tomorrow and i hope i can get some pics to show :)

sorry for the slight OT, but it would be cool to see some pics sometimes