Devil Hands - a much needed discussion

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
718.jpg

Yes, it is the worst album cover in the history of all that is metal. However, a few questions:

1 - Did Dio originally invent this 'signature' based on the Holy Diver cover? Or was he showing the horns during Sabbath or Rainbow era? If not Dio, then who?

2 - What do you think about the discussion in "Decline of Western Civilization pt 2: Metal Years" where that dyke is explaining the three 6's in the hand formation? When you first saw that explanation, did you think 'whoa, that fucking rules'. ?

3 - Should non-metal artists be allowed to use it, such as Avril Lavigne or Hatebreed?

4 - Is it true that if you stick your thumb outwards, it means "I love you"?

5 - Have you ever raised your hands, with all horns and 666's showing, screaming for metal - Yes or No? (Bonus points if done NOT during a metal show).

1. I honestly don't know.

2. Haven't seen it, but I said "whoa, that fucking rules" when I read it right now.

3. FUCK. NO. I think I saw some fucker in N*Suck use it once even.

4. Yes, sign language.

5. Yes, at least monthly not including concerts. Usually during occasions involving beer.

actually, on some vh1 special, like the 100 greatest moments in metal, they had a blurb on the devil signs, and interviewed dio, and he said it was something his grandma used to do to ward off evil spirits or something, and that is why he started using it. he said that kiss did not create it, and that he was the very first. he was very certain on the fact too.

evil c.

UM is not tr00 enough just yet. When every forum has become a breeding ground for NSBM, an Avril forum will appear.

Oh yeah, she's in the new Maxim this month, with way too many clothes on. Slut.