Devildriver

Alongside Death

On The Descent To Hell
Oct 9, 2005
I didn't saw anyone had mentioned them. Post your opinion about them. For me they are a quality band. The Fury Of Our Makers Hand is really good. I think Dez Fafara don't give such a great vocals but the rest of the band is good. Good that Dez Fafara ended his shitty career with Coal Chamber. Starting Devildriver was a good solution for him. What genre are they anyway?

Strongly dislike them. Seen em in concert twice, and the music is so monumentally retarded, generic, and boring that i usually walk out and drink a beer or two in the gardens waiting for the next band to come on. I don't see anything they do as something that hasn't been done better somewhere else.

Okay, this is a poser band. I know that cause it's not in Encyclopaedia Metallum, www.metal-archives.com, the most uber gnarliest site ever created. Check it out, info and logos and pics of all the bands in the world. That aren't posers. Cept like CoB and CoF that ARE posers, but are still there. And hammerfall ;[

BlackSeedsOnVirginSoil said:
Okay, this is a poser band. I know that cause it's not in Encyclopaedia Metallum, www.metal-archives.com, the most uber gnarliest site ever created. Check it out, info and logos and pics of all the bands in the world. That aren't posers. Cept like CoB and CoF that ARE posers, but are still there. And hammerfall ;[
I don't know HOW they get all those bands, its amazing...I actually found my band on there a while ago and was a little surprised...

haven't heard them to make a decision. I never cared for Coal Chamber, so I don't know.

BlackSeedsOnVirginSoil said:

Metal-Archives is no longer a credible reference, I've recently seen emocore bands on there, not to mention the massive influx of core bands.

VampyrRose said:
Metal-Archives is no longer a credible reference, I've recently seen emocore bands on there, not to mention the massive influx of core bands.

you have a problem with grindcore? :mad:

ohiogrinder said:
I hate them both equally :heh:

hmm, I don't know. I still say metalcore is worse. For the most part I just can't stand the typical metalcore vocals. They're far too underdeveloped, undeniably weak, and just plain irritating - not to mention the clean vocals are just embarassing. And don't forget about the slight emo influence...the lyrics, tight t-shirts etc.

VampyrRose said:
hmm, I don't know. I still say metalcore is worse. For the most part I just can't stand the typical metalcore vocals. They're far too underdeveloped, undeniably weak, and just plain irritating - not to mention the clean vocals are just embarassing. And don't forget about the slight emo influence...the lyrics, tight t-shirts etc.

a lot of mainstream nu-metal has clean vocals