Supreme Ruler of the Sofa
Sep 20, 2005
Montreal
(from Made in Germany)

Standouts by Meshuggah:

Laibach:

Northern Lite:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't particularly like Rammstein either. I think that to me, it's the sort of band that's great fun at first but the effect quickly wears off.

Kinda like Green Jello. Remember that "Three Litte Pigs"- tune? A fun listen a couple of times, but quickly gets a bit boring after repeated spins and the joke wears thin after being spread across a full album.

This is just my personal opinion though. I'm very aware of other people perceiving Rammstein differently, and their continuing success is probably evidence of me being a bit strange in my opinions, but...you know...not much I can do about that.

I remember buying the Lost Highway soundtrack some years back, and quite liking the two Rammstein tunes on there. I eventually had a listen to their "Mutter" album, but I just thought it was a bit samey. And I quickly grew tired of listening to the two songs on the soundtrack as well.

Would it be impolite of me to ask why? Don't know many metal/hardrock people who don't like them :)

Not impolite at all, but you kind of answered your own question. I first heard Rammstein over 10 years ago, didn't think much of the music and moved on. Over time they became more and more popular among my usual circle of "metal" friends, but I still couldn't figure out what all the fuzz was about. So over the course of some years my idiot friends tried to shove the band down my throat and basically ignored my usual sentiments of "I don't care if you like the band or not, it's not for me and that's that". Honestly, it was a bad case of you-must-like-Rammstein-because-they're-popular. And that's why I hate Rammstein.

tl/dr-version: I don't like bands just because I'm supposed to do so.

Stop Hating Rammstein.

Never!

No.... Lady Gaga is gay orgy music.

Also Dumbass doesn't like Black Sabbath so his thoughts on metal count for nothing.... NOTHING

I don't hate Rammstein I'm just not into it :/

I was like where the fuck is the Devin? then I listened for a bit and said "Oh THERE it is" lol

pretty badass.

Not impolite at all, but you kind of answered your own question. I first heard Rammstein over 10 years ago, didn't think much of the music and moved on. Over time they became more and more popular among my usual circle of "metal" friends, but I still couldn't figure out what all the fuzz was about. So over the course of some years my idiot friends tried to shove the band down my throat and basically ignored my usual sentiments of "I don't care if you like the band or not, it's not for me and that's that". Honestly, it was a bad case of you-must-like-Rammstein-because-they're-popular. And that's why I hate Rammstein.

tl/dr-version: I don't like bands just because I'm supposed to do so.

Never!

Just to be clear, the fact that "most metal people" like Rammstein is obviously not a reason to like them. It is cool that the taste is so different, would be very boring if not.

I had a similar please-don't-shove-it-down-my-throat-experience with System of a down at the time of Hypnotize and Mezmerize. I did not want radio and tv do decide when I wanna hear them. For me music listening is kind of a very personal decision, I avoided this band for years due to this.

My music life would have been better if they had not become so big (because the music at one point got dull - which it actually is not, but it was like dining in a very expensive and good restaurant everyday with the same menu), but hey! I am definitely happy for all the success that comes their way! They have deserved it all!

Just to be clear, the fact that "most metal people" like Rammstein is obviously not a reason to like them. It is cool that the taste is so different, would be very boring if not.

I had a similar please-don't-shove-it-down-my-throat-experience with System of a down at the time of Hypnotize and Mezmerize. I did not want radio and tv do decide when I wanna hear them. For me music listening is kind of a very personal decision, I avoided this band for years due to this.

My music life would have been better if they had not become so big (because the music at one point got dull - which it actually is not, but it was like dining in a very expensive and good restaurant everyday with the same menu), but hey! I am definitely happy for all the success that comes their way! They have deserved it all!

Great post, I totally agree!

Don't get all gay orgy music on me... ;)

Hey, gay is the new straight, so stop being so uptight. Pop on some Rammstein and fuck a dude in the ass. Otherwise you're nothing but a chick loving homo, and chicks are for fags!