Devin Townsend.....half assed andy? hahaha

Hahahha I fucking love Devin Townsend. That man... I just want to sit down and have lunch with him. He's such a badass!

That said, Misery Signals' Controller has got to be my favorite vocal production ever. Incredible use of FX and doubling!

I dig Devin's stuff too. Love his kick sound, his huge guitars. Everything. Intense:headbang:

I dig Devin's stuff too. Love his kick sound, his huge guitars. Everything. Intense:headbang:

Haha, I always thought I loved his kick sound and guitars too, until I found out he didn't mix any of the SYL stuff :D The kick on Misery Signals' "Controller" is god-like though, and the guitars would be great too if he had just notched out some of the fizz! (listen to the opening of "Nothing", eek :ill: )

Devin is one of my favorite producers and vocalists. His production on vocals is legendary, as already stated. I would love to jam with him!

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and I got to hear about 30 seconds of the Bleeding Through record before it was done....it was really interesting to hear him talk about working with bands and how he really truly believes he's not that good hahahaha.

Haha, I always thought I loved his kick sound and guitars too, until I found out he didn't mix any of the SYL stuff :D The kick on Misery Signals' "Controller" is god-like though, and the guitars would be great too if he had just notched out some of the fizz! (listen to the opening of "Nothing", eek :ill: )

What fizz?
Fuck dude.

Looking back, Terria was a big factor in my interest in audiophilia in general. If it wasn't for skipping classes in high school to go read physics texts and listen to that album three or four times in a row in a library somewhere, I may not have ever cared about AE beyond "All right, just make sure you can hear everything and nobody hears the guitarist's girlfriend bitching..." as far as I know.

Jeff