Devin Townsend- my opinion.

i still prefer the 03 era accelerated evolution devin to the new stuff. and everything that came before is still good along with parts of synchestra. but the most exciting thing is another ziltoid album which i guess will be released in 2011 after he finishes touring next year for ki/addicted/deconstructed.

heres hoping deconstructed is better than addicted. it sounds too pop for my taste if you can even describe it that way. too many songs that sound like "life","christeen", or "vampira" on it. all of which will probably be in his wnter 2009 setlist with BTBAM and Cynic.

heres hoping deconstructed is better than addicted. it sounds too pop for my taste if you can even describe it that way.

That's exactly how I would describe it! Its as if Devin wrote an album of eighties pop tunes, played in his typical fashion. Personally, I love it, but I'm also a child of the eighties so I tend to appreciate it for what it is.

That's one thing you can always count on with Devy..... No two albums will sound the same. "Decontructed" will be something else altogether.....