Devin Townsend

Jesper_X_

Jan 31, 2002
Visit site
My favorite musician of all time. Everything he does is amazing, and I cant say the same for any other artist/band. There is just something about his music that really touches me. I have every major release and I listen to them constantly. The man really has a song for every mood. I think Infinity and Ocean Machine are two of the greatest albums ever written. His song writing is unparalled, without debate. Even the songs that dont make the cut for the albums, like songs from the Infinity demos and Ass sordid demos are really great. Im listening to Ocean machines, the song, and I feel it should have been on OM Biomech...it would have fit perfectly. Sit in the mountain should have been on Infinity, as well. Basically, he just sums up everything that I could ever want in music. It's like, while Im listening to a song for the first time, I hear a certain part and Im like "wow, i hope that in the next verse he does this or that"...and then I listen to the next verse, and he DOES what I wanted to hear. I know it sounds stupid, it's pretty hard to explain. Anyways...who likes him and his music other than myself?

"Terria" is the most stunning and emotional release during the last years. I mean, there are lots of fantastic albums out there but Devin's music is like MAGIC. You don't get bored to listening to the same songs again & again. DT simply is the most fascinating musician out there. And he's the only guy I wouldn't mind if he became the singer of Queen...

agreed. i honestly cant get bored of him. i want to get bored of him, because when i get bored of a band after i listen to them too much, like metallica or pantera etc...it always leads to new bands and lets me discover new stuff. ive been stuck on devin for a year now and i honestly listen to him stuff EVERY day, no lie. i simply cant get bored. lol. a true master musician.