DFHS + toneport ux1!! yeah!

prosacpils666

Jan 31, 2007
Well, hello everybody :kickass:

I always read your post and i'm amazed for almost every sound in this forum, but i have some questions... like everybody else.

I have a toneport ux1, with i have got a tone that i really like and ia don't have plans of change it.. but.. the problem is with the drums. As you will hear, i think that de toms, kick, HH, OH and everything... except for the snare, sounds good... not great.. but sounds good. So i have questions about the snare sound, if bulb or splat88 can help me it would be great :worship:

www.soundclick.com/prosacpils666

ok, so.. how can i get a good snare sound?, i like bulb snare, and i also love splat88 snare sound. So.. what do you think?, it need more reverb?, eq?, compresion?, what is it?

The song track is DFHS + toneport ux1

the guitar tone is great, man... as far as drum, maybe you could use a drum-replacement program for some better snare tones...

That snare is indeed somewhat loose sounding. You could compress the snare more heavily to make it snap. I would suggest to try some additional snare samples with that snare what you've got now. Just blending a little bit some good sample can help a ton. And then add some heavy ass reverb :heh:

hey thanks for the comments!!!! for the snare i was thinking about replacing it with drumagog or battery, but that is something that i would only do in case if i can't do a thing with the snare.

@Decimator: when i compress it more it seems to sounds better, like it pop's up, as for the reverb... if a put more it start the tipical sound when you use to much reverb... something like a plane or flanger :p.

I will update it later the mp3, if someone wants to leave a post for the snare, that will be sweet :D:D:D:D

Ok!.. now i must say i'm very impressed.. I imported almost everything, tweaked everything but very slightly... it sounded great from the beginning.. just a little tweak only, like more Hi to kick, reverb to toms and diferent eq, etc. And it sounds amazing... now... the only thing i need to start making home production.. is a bass :D

Maybe reason would help for now.

www.soundclick.com/prosacpils666

There is the drum test.. is very short... but you get the idea.

Cya!