Diablo Swing Orchestra...

Damn, I wish I would have posted about this a while back ... I was kind of hooked on this back in November/December, but thought it might be too far out there for the PP crowd. Cool stuff ... really neat when you need a change of pace. I bet their 2nd release will be even better.

Britt

yeah, I found out about them a while back. I kinda thought they sounded like Apocalyptica meets Nightwish meets Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Its on my list of CDs to get when I either go to PP or buy a batch wherever on the net.

Good stuff. Originality catches my ear.

Actually someone did post about these guys in some other thread in December I think. That's where I heard of them. And yes...they kick ass in a very different way! Great website too! They would be great as an oddball band for some future PP!

I'm glad they didn't name their band, the "Dildo Swing Orchestra". Man, that would make a great name for some lame-ass band trying to get noticed with a crazy name. Not that any band COUGH-Armegeddon Dildos-COUGH would need a name more original than their music to get noticed.

I just got a hold of this and had to bump up this thread. I absolutely love this album. I'm always a fan of quirky genre mixing and I haven't stopped listening since the first run through yesterday.

I just got a hold of this and had to bump up this thread. I absolutely love this album. I'm always a fan of quirky genre mixing and I haven't stopped listening since the first run through yesterday.

Totally agreed on the genre-mixing!

Hello,

We have finally managed to get ourselves a live clip from a concert. We're playing Balrog Boogie at Blikfest IV on the 3rd of november 2007.

Great stuff, and welcome to the Forum!

Just the song-title "Balrog Boogie" brings a grin to my face.

"Foul creature! Go back to the abyss! And take your raves, disco music and pacifiers with you!" :lol: