Diagnose: Lebensgefahr anyone?

opeth_353

May 31, 2005
UK
www.myspace.com
http://www.myspace.com/diagnoselebensgefahr
Just incase you aren't sure who or what this band is, anyone who knows of the Swedish 'Suicidal' Black metal band, Silencer, will most likely know of it's ex-singer's (Nattramn) unfortunate descent. And yes, there's a reason why the vocals and lyrics are quite.. Odd.
http://www.myspace.com/silencerswe
Nattramn, after the release of 'Death - Pierce Me', was institutionalized due to mental health issues. If what i have read and been told is true, Diagnose: Lebensgefahr's album 'Transformalin' came to be when those looking after Nattramn believed it would be a good form of therapy. What was created, in my taste, is an intense, sometimes eery, bleak and plain weird (figures, seeing as he is still suffering from mental illness) yet at times utterly epic, especially in the hypnotic ambient sections.

Are there any other fans? Fans of Silencer who haven't heard of D:L or have been trying to get held of it? Fans of D:L who didn't know the story behind the album or his past work with Silencer? Anyone who just plain hates one of or both of the bands?

Being a huge fan of Silencer, my interest in Diagnose Lebensgefahr is a given. I heard the song "transformalin", which was pretty cool.

Another piece of story: Nattramn's brother is institutionalized in the same hospital. He assaulted a 5 years old girl with an axe in a park. Don't know if he killed her though...

Well, that's a bit odd! I wonder whether mental illness runs in the family.

Transformalin, the song, is one of my favourites off the album. I'd recommened trying to acquire by any means necessary. PM me with your email address if you can't find it, and i'll try sending it to you.

I'd recommend the album to fans of Ulver's electronic/ambient work - it's not necessarily the similar.. But all of my mates who are fans of them have liked this album.

Well, that's a bit odd! I wonder whether mental illness runs in the family.

Transformalin, the song, is one of my favourites off the album. I'd recommened trying to acquire by any means necessary. PM me with your email address if you can't find it, and i'll try sending it to you.

I'd recommend the album to fans of Ulver's electronic/ambient work - it's not necessarily the similar.. But all of my mates who are fans of them have liked this album.
Thanks man! I'll see if I can grab the album when I'll have the money.

I recently got the promo of the album, and I've been listening to it a lot the past couple of weeks. This is some excellent drone/ambient.