DIAMOND HEAD Has Finished Mixing 'Most' Of New Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal) legends DIAMOND HEAD are putting the finishing touches on their new album, due later in the year. "It's done. We've recorded it," guitarist Brian Tatler told Rock Hard magazine at this past weekend's Rock Hard Festival in Germany (see video below). "We've mixed most of it; there's one more song to go. There's a track on it called 'The Sleeper'… It's great. The last album was good, the self-titled album, 'Diamond Head'. We think this is great as well; we think it's possibly better. So we're looking forward to getting some reaction from press and fans once it's released." DIAMOND HEAD recently inked a management deal with Thrashville Management, the company led by MEGADETH mainman (and former METALLICA member) Dave Mustaine and his son Justis Mustaine, along with CTK Management founder Danny Nozell. DIAMOND HEAD's latest, self-titled album was released in June 2016 via Dissonance Productions. The effort was the band's first to feature Rasmus Bom Andersen on vocals and its release ended an eight-year silence for the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal icons. Asked about the fact that both METALLICA and MEGADETH have cited DIAMOND HEAD as a major influence, Tatler told Wrinkly Rockers Club: "It's flattering. What can I say? It's great. I'm so glad that happened. I think it's helped keep the band going. I don't think we'd be having this conversation if we hadn't been covered by METALLICA. It's brought in so many fans. A number of times, people have said, 'I got into you through METALLICA.' They read the small print. They presume 'Am I Evil' is written by METALLICA until they go, 'Woah! [It says it was written by] Tatler/Harris.' And they go, 'Okay. Let's have a look at this band,' and then think, 'Actually, I quite like that.'"

Continue reading...