Did a little tune...

I checked out both the mp3 and the site. The mp3 is pretty damn good. I know this song, too, and even the Pantera cover of it.
Your rotary speaker sound is cool. The recording quality for both guitar and vocal, and finished sound on both is fantastic.

It's very peaceful, and I think the singing, although very low and not to my normal taste, is really good. My only complaint is I find the song a little dull, whoever is covering it, but it's about mood, not showing off. And for what it's worth, I reckon you've done a really cool job.

Looks like you have a great looking site in the offing, too.

Lee

The sound comes straight from my guitar/mic. I just plugged them straight to my soundcard and added the effects with SoundForge. There is a little bit of 'humm' in the guitar tracks (I think its the guitar tracks, not sure) but overall it's the best I've ever managed to get with this setup.

The singing is not exactly like I wanted it to be, there are some pronunciations I could have done better and the effects added some funny vibratos in places but... Then again, I've never liked my vocals. :lol:

Thanks for the comments Lee. :)

A bit low in volume. I had a hard time hearing it.

I'll give you better feedback when I get a chance to listen to it turned up..or through headphones.

Yeah, it is a bit low. But that's kinda what I aimed for, it comes to the background from nowhere and leaves the way it came.

Originally posted by Eddy
Covered Black Sabbath's Planet Caravan after finding a tab on my hd and realising that I could do it. I'm surely no singer but I think it came out ok. Go to http://koti.mbnet.fi/ezzyk/music.html listen to it and tell me what do you think.

That's deeper in pitch than I can sing. It's definitely mellow.
Thanks for posting that. The first musical thing posted here in a while...
The vox were loud enough...but...um...the drums and bass are to friggin' loud...;)

Spot the guitarist...part two eh!!:lol:

:lol:

Years of smoking does that to your voice. I struggle even on some songs sung by Blaze and his pitch isn't that high... :lol:

The first verse sounds awful, something like Anton Maiden singing two octaves loewr... :lol:

It's the Internet Musicians' Guild; where musicians can collaborate on recording projects online.
Someone records drums for a song (mostly cover songs), then someone records bass, someone records guitar, etc. etc..

You should check out what these guys have done already. Some of it is fantastic.