Did everyone watch Hey Hey?

AussieTerry84

\m/ Scanner Scrag \m/
Jun 22, 2008
surprised no thread about it on here :p i thoroughly enjoyed it like many first time in a LONG TIME i've gotten off the pc n sat on my bed to purely watch a tv show!

its coming back next year if u read between the lines, thats when Red n Molly will b out of contract with 7.

gaahhh gonna miss 2nd ep tho cause i'll b working :( only saw first one cause i was sick.

channel 9 were suppose to repeat first one 2nite at 9:30pm but have pulled the pin at the last minute to air 50 First Dates instead those bastards :(

HEY HEY Discussion 10...9...8...7...6...5...4....3...2..1...GOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOG

i love Hey Hey :p use to be one of my fav shows as a kid, wat other shows since Hey Hey's cancellation can bring a family together to watch?

gonna b awesome when it comes back, def shows Rove what for :)

Mark its on youtube in parts just search Hey Hey reunion part 1

i would give u the direct link now but freaking youtube is down for maintenance so whilst u can search the vid pages won't load up :(.

i'll edit it in next time i get on once the youtube site is back up and runnign properly.

lol the Russel Gilbert take off of Master Chef was absolutley HILARIOUS lol can't wait for the 2nd reunion ep, its def coming back u can smell it in the air :p

Speaking of variety shows, has anyone watched 'Later... With Jools Holland' on Friday nights on ABC2? The host is a bit annoying, but the format of the show is good. They have 4-5 bands/artists setup at once, and they each play a couple of songs throughout the show, interspersed with interviews. I have only seen it twice, but the weird mix of performers is interesting.

can't wait for Ep 2 to get put up on wednesday nite i have to work :(

soooo looking forward to it :D

i think for alot of ppl none of us have looked this much forward to watching FTA TV in a VERY VERY LONG TIME!! Its quite amazing teh effect Hey Hey has had on alot of ppl with these 2 reunion episodes!

It seems pretty clear that most of them WANT to bring it back but I can see why they wouldn't.

If this "re-union" didn't make such a massive effort to get every possible member, segment and general aspect of the old show back together at once it would likely have just as many people whinging (and twittering and whatever) about how it's not the same without (x) as people applauding it. It would be a hell of a lot easier to get everyone to agree to a one-off two-show stint than to commit to an open-ended revival series.

It's a shame because the whole formula has stood the test of time far far better than many other rehashes of once fond childhood memories.

I can't believe that even got on TV. Regardless of whether it was intentionally racist or not, you just don't do that sort of thing in this day and age. Ridiculous. If Hey Hey doesn't get picked up then I think you can point to this as the reason why.

What are you referring to Spiff? I managed to see about 10 minutes from the segment of 'what cheeses you off' and it was horrendously unfunny. Although I did like Russell's joke about his Grandma when asked about his grammar.