Did I miss somthing here?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Just a quick comment. Is there something I missed about Lacuna Coil?! It seems that Century Media is pushing the shit out of their Comalies disc & I can't understand, why they put sooooooooo much attention on this disc when they have other bands on their roster more deserving.... It's like every metal magazine you pick up from Revolver to BW&BK has had ads for their disc for the last year! Now, I'm not knocking the band. I have heard like 3-4 tracks of theirs & they are "good", but not great enough to make me pry my hands off this keyboard to go buy the record!

Yes you have missed something. They're highly accessible. Lets face it, there are more nu-metal fans and people that watch stuff like Headbangers Ball and Uranium than there are fans of..well..less accessible stuff. Century Media is pushing LC because they're money makers. You're going to sell more if you target the Hot Topic crowd than, say, people who listen to Unique Leader bands or such.

Why, however, they are out there so much and not bands like The Gathering, I have no idea.

Evanescence are doing a lot of money from the Mallcore kids, CM its just trying to get some money with Lacuna Coil with this trend

Emperor Magus Caligula said:
Evanescence are doing a lot of money from the Mallcore kids, CM its just trying to get some money with Lacuna Coil with this trend
Bingo! You get a cookie!! Anyway, I like Lacuna Coil and although Comalies has been out for a while, the "push" seems to have just started and I believe it is solely based on the popularity of Evanescence. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Lacuna Coil sell a lot of records. They're a good band and they deserve it and this could be an excellent wondow of opportunity for them.

I think we have a winner :)

Mallcore, I love that expression
I freaking hate that expression. There's nothing wrong with being mainstream, at least compared to being "tr00" and underground.

well think about it....who would be more interested in Lacuna coil? rap metal kids loitering around hot topic in linkin park shirts? or a bunch of cannibal corpse fans at a concert? i'd go with the linkin park kiddies. You won't see lacuna coil in Unrestrained! or Throat Culture or any tr00 metal bands. No they go for circus, and hit parader, the two mags that all those rap losers waste their money on

I wouldn't blame any of this on Lacuna Coil, they are a great band who have been doing their thing for years.... until that nu-metal ripoff Evanescence got popular and are considered a "breath of fresh air" or creative (yeah right, lincoln park w/ female vocals).... so how can you blame the fact that they are being more heavily promoted? In all honesty the more they get promoted the better imo.... more people should see what inferior ripoffs Evanescence are...

We dont get any ads for it over here although there were quite a lot at the time of the release. Anyone know if they're releasing a new album? because im going to see them on tour in london on december 27th and bands dont usually tour unless they're releasing or have released a new album. I agree though, i think CM are pushing the Lacuna Coil ads over there because of the success of those wannabe, talentless, chart fodder, mallcore assholes evanescence (nicely said sunlapsevertigo btw)

I agree, I wouldn't blame this on Lacuna Coil, Century Media are entitled to make money after all, but shame they are just pushing a band that aren't really that good, just very popular because of recent mainstream activity.

And Nick, there are plenty of things wrong with being Mainstream.

Psychonaut said:
Bingo! You get a cookie!! Anyway, I like Lacuna Coil and although Comalies has been out for a while, the "push" seems to have just started and I believe it is solely based on the popularity of Evanescence. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Lacuna Coil sell a lot of records. They're a good band and they deserve it and this could be an excellent wondow of opportunity for them.
That´s right. Though Evanescence can hardly be compared to LC.

Blabbermouth said:
As the buzz surrounding the Italian sextet LACUNA COIL's latest single "Heaven's A Lie" continues to build at commercial radio, the group prepares to make their much anticipated return to the U.S. After developing a rabid following throughout this past year relentlessly touring with the likes of ANTHRAX, OPETH and TYPE O NEGATIVE, they are more than excited to come back as headliners. The trek will begin on November 12 and wrap up on December 15. The group will also take part in many commercial radio sponsored festivals, including performances alongside such mainstream acts as 3 DOORS DOWN. As of October 24, "Heaven's A Lie" has been added to over 65 commercial rock stations across the country, including such tastemakers as WAAF - Boston, WLZR - Milwaukee, WKLQ – Grand Rapids and WYSP – Philadelphia, among others. A video for the hit track has just been shot with acclaimed director Patric Ullaeus (DIMMU BORGIR) and will make its debut on Fuse and MTV2 later this year.

Cristina Scabbia (vocals) describes her excitement surrounding the group's upcoming tour, "We are absolutely thrilled to be coming back to the U.S. in November! Even though we are proud and sure about our music we honestly didn't expect this wonderful reaction from the American audience, press and radio alike. 'Comalies' is going really great and I really want to thank everybody who supported us so far on this trip, as well as everybody who will help bring us to the next step. All of us give our best to LACUNA COIL and most of all our hearts and souls, something that cannot be reproduced by anybody else. We just finished shooting of the video for 'Heaven's A Lie' in Gothenburg, which is already looking super beautiful in the rough version and hopefully you'll be as impressed as we were. See you very soon."