Did Marcus ever do a Holy Diver Bass DI?

rlcramer

Tone is not in MY fingers
Apr 16, 2008
Yeah, yeah, I know - the whole word runs tests using Marcus' guitar DI's nowadays...but ya gotta admit, they are pretty sweet! So, right now I'm working on some new mixing techniques with his Holy Diver DI's, and I was curious if he ever uploaded a bass track to complement the guitars?

I'd do it myself, but my bass is DOA at the moment.

I'm almost done with a matching Holy Diver MIDI drum track, and I'd be glad to share it here to create a little pre-packaged set of tracks that everyone can use for tweaking purposes for those days when you aren't in the mood to pick up an instrument.

Gracias...

Bobby

I'd be willing to bet there's going to be one in the near future, possibly as a result of your post. :kickass:

theres a finished bass and drum track in the thread where he posted the DI, but those track where made by someone i dont remember the name of atm :p

Rob, whenever I try downloading the drum or the bass file, it asks me for an iDisk password... did you supply the password somewhere or am I just not meant to download it?

Yeah, Rob Logic made a really kickass bass and drum track, so those are definitely the ones to nab! Thanks for the compliment on the DI's btw! :)

Thanks guys - yeah Rob's bass track is pretty slammin too.

In case anyone would like my Holy Diver midi drums to plop into SSD, S2, or anything else - feel free to grab it here - Holy Diver Midi Drum Track.

Critiques and comments appreciated as always...

Bobby

can someone upload the HD bass track?

im stuck living with grandma for a bit and i have no gear!
i have DLed reaper and poulins sims just to fuck around. i need some tracks to cure my ills lol

please do not post a mix with those DI's because if i ever hear that riff again my vomit my fucking brain out of my ears
no offense to marcus because they're beautifully played and sound gorgeous, but THAT FUCKING RIFFFF EWWW

please do not post a mix with those DI's because if i ever hear that riff again my vomit my fucking brain out of my ears
no offense to marcus because they're beautifully played and sound gorgeous, but THAT FUCKING RIFFFF EWWW

Im sick of it too:loco:

i have no other tracks:mad:

i thought about even chopping it up into notes and constructing my own riffs with that.....fail

Kass, you don't have ANY way of making your own DI tracks at all? Cos I seriously don't wanna hear the Holy Diver riff either, rather hear someone just come up with their own riffage.

Kass, you don't have ANY way of making your own DI tracks at all? Cos I seriously don't wanna hear the Holy Diver riff either, rather hear someone just come up with their own riffage.

nah man.:cry::cry::cry:

I am just pitchshifting one of the guitars down an octave for bas:ill:

^Ouch man.
Ghetto bass is a hard thing to bear. I've had to resort to it in the past, absolutely blows compared to a real bass:(

Use midi for bass if you can't use a real bass. I haven't ever been able to make pitch shifted guitar sound properly good in a mix, but I've coaxed some really nice sounds out of midi bass.

Run that shit through Ampeg SVX, insta good bass sound. Recording metal on a really tight budget can feel like a constant game of compensation and manipulating less than ideal raw files into something more workable. Midi bass eliminates this problem.

i actually have some gear, but I have recently moved back here from NY and my shit is all packed up still, and im staying with family, so i cant be lugging all that stuff in here.

I got the pitchshifted bass sounding OK
basically its just there providing some low end, but its pretty hidden in the mix of course. oh well.