Did Y'all see this?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here’ s a couple things, I don’t know if anyone here, besides TVF has seen the CMT "Outlaws" concert that aired over the last two weeks. I began to watch & I have to admit I was glued to the tv. I was like a damn moth to the flame. Why?! Am I a closet "neck?" I don’t know. I think it was a pretty entertaining show...There was Rock, Country & James Hetfield... It was something a little different. I think James could probably be a decent solo artist in the hard rock or country genres... They also had the Skynyrd cover band on there, I have seen them live & they smoke. It’s not the "real" band but they smoke...

Also they have this show on MTV where these bands battle it out doing, silly stunts to get on the 2005 Ozzfest Tour...While the bands are complete garbage, judging from what they showed at the end of the first episode, it should be rather entertaining....

How'd ya know I watched it?!?! hahaha YES! I did check it out. (guilty as charged) and I wish I taped it but it will be on again. Go to cmt.com for listings. James Hetfield jammed (though not with metallica) on Waylon's "Don't You Think This Outlaw Stuff's Done Got OUtta Hand" and KID ROCK who I love despite what anybody says - did QUEEN'S Fat Bottom Girls and I think I now want that song played at my funeral!!!

SIXXSWINE - a side note...what do you think of Montgomery Gentry? Did I ever tell you I know Troy Lee Gentry???? I don't know Eddie MOntgomery, though, but Troy Lee used to play by himself in a country/rock band in Lexington doing all covers and all us guys that worked at Valvoline would go watch him and chill after work. I played on stage a couple times with him when he found out I was a guitar picker and he even let me sing Dwight Yoakam's GUITARS, CADILLACS while he took a breather, once. Super nice guy.

BUt Hetfield and Kid Rock stole the show!!!!!

It is a lot like a train wreck, though. You don't wanna look, but you can't turn away!

Same with fishing shows.

tedvanfrehley said:
SIXXSWINE - a side note...what do you think of Montgomery Gentry? Did I ever tell you I know Troy Lee Gentry???? I don't know Eddie MOntgomery, though, but Troy Lee used to play by himself in a country/rock band in Lexington doing all covers and all us guys that worked at Valvoline would go watch him and chill after work. I played on stage a couple times with him when he found out I was a guitar picker and he even let me sing Dwight Yoakam's GUITARS, CADILLACS while he took a breather, once. Super nice guy.

BUt Hetfield and Kid Rock stole the show!!!!!
Wow! That's something else! Who's that? Is that the younger dude or the fat bald "F?"
Either way, I forget the song they did...
It's a classic, they did a great version...
Ahhh Kid Rock, I have to say I like how reworked Fat Bottom Girls, that's a fucking great Queen track. One of my faves...
Speaking of Kid Rock, he's on the new Kenny Wayne disc. Have you seen the cover of the record? Dude looks like a backstreet boy....
WTF?! Anyway Kid Rock is on there & the track is shit, in fact so is the rest of the record, KWS thinks he can sing. Where did he get that idea?!
Killer solos & riffs, but overall it's a real stinker...
And yes, I think James stole the show, I like how he incorporated the "Dukes" theme at the end of the song...
Again, overall it was one hell of a show.
I'd like to see them do another show, invite ZZ, someone like KWS &
Ted Nugent... Wow! That would be something else...

Troy's the young guy...not the fat f...hahaha Get this - he is actually a guy that wanted to do rock but couldn't get gigs. He started gigging around town solo doing top 40 country stuff just so he could play. Then, there was this JIM BEAM competition a while back like battle of the bands and he entered as a goof....and WON. The deal was a recording contract...but get this...they made him team up with the fat f Eddie Montgomery (John Michael Montgomery's brother) in order to get the deal. So the group is a totally "assembled" thing. There's no brotherhood like you see in the videos...They are the "NSync" or "Puddle Of Mudd" of country. BUT, they are both from Lexington KY (my home) and the video "My Town" features a lot of my friends and shots of our downtown area...pretty neat. Troy doesn't call me up or anything but me and a buddy saw him in town a while back with his woman and he stopped and said hello and "how's things at the Grapevine (bar he played)" just a little trivia