Die Verbannten Kinder Eva's

Anyone ever heard this stuff? Supposedly it is a neo-folk/atmospheric/darkwave side-project from the Summoning dude, and has been around since the band itself. Anyone heard their material? Apparantly it has garnered some high praise, but I'd never heard of it until now.

Anyone, anyone?

Yo. I have all three of their albums. It is the side project of Richard Lederer (Protector) and his wife, I believe. I could be wrong about the wife part.

Anyway, all three albums are worth a look, though the first two can be a bit difficult to locate. "In Darkness Let me Dwell" is a really, really dark, depressing album. In all honesty, it sounds like Summoning with no guitars and instead of screeches, the vocals are clean male and female vocals. Really good stuff.

Lederer also has a darkwave industrial band called Ice Ages who have released a couple of albums, though I haven't heard them.

And if you like DVKE, I highly recommend checking out Dargaard. Their first two albums are awesome. THe lead guy in that band was the first vocalist for Abigor.

Cool. Thanks for da info, ho.

J. said:
Lederer also has a darkwave industrial band called Ice Ages who have released a couple of albums, though I haven't heard them.
iceage.jpg
??

I have "In Darkness Let Me Dwell". Not really neo-folk, more darkwave but sounding kind classicalish at the same time. I thought that album was pretty good, though I've only ever listened to it a few times.

But J's other recommendation, Dargaard are much better in my opinion, so yeah, check them out.

Yeah, I'd go with Dargaard before DVKE. Out of the seven albums combined from both bands, the first two Dargaard albums are the best.

so did you actually ever check out DVKE or Dargaard?

listening to Dargaard's "Eternity Rites". solid.