DIEZEL AMPS

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
aparently... these amps are fukin AMAZING.. and dont get talked about much purely for the fact that not many can afford them.... (as far as i know)

aparently theire heads are like £4000 alone.... i dunno

does any one have samples of them using one or any impulses from there cabs?

Let me say one thing: German quality baby!

mr. Diezel tuned marshall tops in the past, to get them sound good :), that`s how he made is living. then someday he started building his own amps. thats the story. I know a guy who plays one and I`ve heard it live. IMO it didn`t kick a lot of ass. It`s good, but too fuckin expensive. It sounds like a mixture of an engl (the tightness, metalness) and a marshall (nice mids, direct...). and it has like 5million knobs and stuff...., I dunno.
I`m guessing it`s comparable to engl`s invader.

The problem with diezels(apart from the price obviously) is that it's easy to get lost when you're dialing in your sound. It's easily one of the best amps I've tried, but a lot of people turn knobs 'til their face turns green, overwhelmed by the possibilities.

I had a VH4 for a while... It was tight as hell, and badass for super technical metal, and mechanical sounding things. I hated it for anything that needed any sort of organic sound. I replaced it with a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R... totally different sound, but so organic, and has a gorgeous midrange

I had a VH4 for a while... It was tight as hell, and badass for super technical metal, and mechanical sounding things. I hated it for anything that needed any sort of organic sound. I replaced it with a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R... totally different sound, but so organic, and has a gorgeous midrange

Haha, that's quite the switch. Jesus!

I guess it's all up to ones needs. ;)
Super technical stuff obviously calls for clinically precise sound, there's no room for 'organic' there I think...

I know a guy who's got one...

He also has a 5150 right next to it...

the old 700$ special STILL sounds better

Basically:

Fuck that VH4, and its pricetag.

I got my Diezel Einstein for cheaper than a Single Rec. And i prefer to Rectos and the VH4. It has a more natural sound than the VH4 imo

i used a VH4 to reamp the leads on the new black dahlia record. The rest was 5150. The amp actually needed new tubes pretty bad but still sounded really cool. Not really a great amp for metal rhythms though. A ton of bottom end and not a alot of saturation as compared to a 5150, recto or jsx. But i can honestly say there is something really great harmonically about the amp. Sort of like how you feel when you play a bogner. There is just something extra.

Certainly not my fave amp for metal but all around but a great amp nonetheless.

About that "one mesa, one peavey, one engl" thing, that's the way you could do it in the USA, but here in Germany the prices are totally different.
Mesa is fucking expensive here and Diezel is way cheaper than in the USA, the Triple Recto and the VH4 or Herbert are in the same price range (2500-3000 Euros), the Roadking is around 3700 Euros.
The price list is something like that here (only prices for new amps, nothing used):
Mesa Boogie Roadking-3700Euros
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier-2700 Euros
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier-2600 Euros
Mesa Boogie Roadster-2700 Euros
Mesa Boogie Mark IV-2700 Euros
Diezel Herbert -3000Euros
Diezel VH4-2700 Euros
Diezel Einstein 100 Watts-1800 Euros
Diezel Einstein 50 Watts-1700 Euros
Soldano Slo100-3700 Euros
Soldano Avenger-2100 Euros
Engl E670 Special Edition-3000 Euros
Engl Invader 100-2100 Euros
Engl Blackmore-1200 Euros
Engl Fireball-1000 Euros
Krank Krankenstein-2000 Euros
Krank Revolution-1700 Euros
Framus Cobra-1700 Euros
Peavey JSX-1700 Euros
Peavey XXX-1500 Euros
Peavey 6505-1150 Euros
Marshall JVM 410-1500 Euros

I think this shows why only a few here are using Mesa Boogie amps and many guys are using Engls or Peaveys and a few Diezel because a Diezel Herbert, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Bogner Überschall or some Soldano amps are in the same price range.
When I am searching for stuff at ebay.com I see all those Mesa Boogie amps for about 1000 euros in great condition, you can get 1500-1800 Euros for an amp like that in Germany.
So the prices are not only the fault of Mr. Diezel and they're built very very well, the tone is only a matter of taste, the prices are so high in the USA because of taxes and stuff like that.

axeman..I think i just used that same diezel for a record.....Second time i used it actually....i wasnt impressed at first then I mixed it with a Bogner Uberschall....they definitely compliment each other. But what an expensive freakin guitar sound. I agree not enough gain but the midrange is really different.

bshuker:Sikth Death of a Dead Day is mostly Bogner.....some leads are diezel. I wish we had had the Diezel but it never showed up.

Ahhh cheers I thought I'd heard something about Diezel being used somewhere, but fairplay i do love that guitar sound on the album, makes me want a Bogner...and of course a big handful of all that talent they've got from somewhere!