Diezel Herbert + impulses mix test

Salvation 13

Burp.
Feb 9, 2006
Tampere, Finland
Clip

I'm not sure if I want the cymbals that high in the mix yet. Seems to make the mix seem more natural and not as polished but kinda noisy.

E: Updated the clip with slightly lowered snare and cymbals.

hey man...cool song....very progressive. In terms of tone and what not....I would definitely turn cymbals down. The mix as a whole is very centered....it doesn't feel like there's much space in the mix....if that makes sense. Other than that and the cymbals I don't have many complaints. Sounds good man.

if you have the luxury mic this amp your going to get a wayyyyyy better tone....and mix

The guitars, while sounding good, seem to be sort of separate sounding from the rest of the mix.

Also, if you're the guy who posted the GK100 and GT100 impulses on HC, then thanks for doing so!

I'd maybe try to lose some of the room sound of the drums. They kind of sound distant to the rest of the tone.

The tone has some good qualities to it but I'd maybe try scoop out a little of the mids to make it sound a little more direct...at the moment it sounds a little like there is a blanket over the cab.

Still sounds good though. Just work on a couple of things. :)

I'd maybe try to lose some of the room sound of the drums. They kind of sound distant to the rest of the tone.

The tone has some good qualities to it but I'd maybe try scoop out a little of the mids to make it sound a little more direct...at the moment it sounds a little like there is a blanket over the cab.

Still sounds good though. Just work on a couple of things. :)

Thanks for the advice! I've uploaded a new mix & master.

CLIP