Diezel VH4 vs. Herbert

Helius

Jan 23, 2010
I'm looking for a new amp for my studio. Main application will be huge rhythm sounds. I don't care to much for lead sounds or fast metal like mesuggah or so.
Soundwise I think of Slipknot, Rob Zombie, Stonesour, Alter Bridge, Alice in Chains and so on...

Now I want to know if the VH4 or the Herbert suits best for these application. I already tried the VH4 and liked it pretty much. I just wonder if it's worth to try the Herbert as well.

the herbert is a beast, and also the more "metal" sounding one out of these two.

having that said, for that sound i'd look into a rectifier or the bogner überschall tbh.

Herbert's a great amp. But for a studio I really think it's overkill. That's the reason I sold mine, no sense in having a $4000 paperweight.

I have a suggestion for a fryette deliverance 120. Does anybody have some experience with this baby?

if you don't care about fast metal then the deliverance probably isn't the right amp for you. it's very dry and tight, not exactly huge sounding.

I have a suggestion for a fryette deliverance 120. Does anybody have some experience with this baby?

I had one. It didnt sound bad but it was very 'vanilla' for lack of a better word. Just very bland and boring to me. I know a lot of people that love them though.

Spent some quality time with both of those amps at the amp-chamber of my fav shop today.
To me the Herbert sounds a lot more metal than the VH4...on the herbert channel 2 and 3 have enough gain for pretty much about everything, I just tested with a guitar with EMG 81-tw and channel 3 on the VH4 had just about right amount of gain when cranked, so maybe with passives it misses a bit.
Channel 4 on the VH4 slays too though.
I like the Herbert more, the mid voicing is more to my tastes + the mid cut is really usable and offers a whole new dimension of sounds.
Basicly decided today that it will be my next amp.
So it's deffenitly worth to try the Herbert too. Altough Im not sure if its worth for studio only considering the amount it costs.
+ the amount of tight as hell bass it delivers isnt that usefull for studio purposes I think.
Still the best amp I played so far imo