DIGIDESIGN ELEVEN

Nostalia

May 22, 2007
I did a little test using Digidesign's plugin "ELEVEN". All was done using ELEVEN except the acoustic guitar of course. Drums are BFD2.

http://www.nostalia.net/digieleven.mp3

I guess this is a pretty fun plugin and could have some real potential except it lacks proper cab resonance to my ears and the gain kinda smears in a wierd way that I do not like. The controls hardly do anything on some of the amps as far as the tone stack goes.

This clip has the "digi Custom OD" amp on the left and the Mark II on the right. I feel the guys doing impulses out there are getting better results with revalver, but this plugin may be for those people who do not want to get as involved. Personally I do not see myself getting this plugin, but I am getting more and more convinced that they are getting closer to achieving a good sounding high gain amp going all digital. Maybe someday, but for now I'll stick with the Invader an the ol' SM57.

Downloading it right now (thank god I have the iLok). Sounds like it may nail it with some custom impulses and curve-eq.

Btw… “This one goes to eleven”? lol. Surely that’s where the name came from.

doesnt sound too bad.

Ive always bee one of those pple to stay away from the plugin guitar sound, but this sounds good.

Great Song too, Sounds great

Sounds good, it's a pretty cool modeler in my experience. This song will open up a lot more with real tubes though, the modeling isn't quite dealing well with some of your chord voicings. I really dig the writing!!!

Post a mix when you get this going with your Invader!!