DIMMU BORGIR's SILENOZ: 'It's About Time' For Us To 'Get Going' With Making Of New Al

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Guitarist Sven Atle Kopperud (a.k.a. Silenoz) of Norwegian symphonic black metallers DIMMU BORGIR was interviewed by Radio Rock when the band played at the Tuska open-air festival in Helsinki, Finland at the end of June. You can now watch the chat in two parts below.Asked about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's follow-up to 2010's "Abrahadabra", Silenoz said: "We usually take two-three years in between each release of the albums anyway, but now it's almost four years since the last album came out, so it's about time so we can wrap this up and get going with it. That would be great. I mean, we always take our time. If we're gonna rush things, then it's not gonna be something we can stand behind anyway, so we just have to take the time it takes to make it."He added: "I think we always need a sort of break. Maybe not this long, but after each album and touring cycle, I think every band should take a short break at least, because you need to get away from each other, just to regroup and get perspective."Regarding what he and his bandmates have been doing during their down time from DIMMU BORGIR, Silenoz said: "Well, each one of us has so-called side projects. I have INSIDIOUS DISEASE, Shagrath [vocals] has CHROME DIVISION. So we've been doing a little bit of that as well. Yeah, and family takes up a lot of time. [Laughs]"DIMMU BORGIR's current touring lineup includes Geir Bratland (APOPTYGMA BERZERK, THE KOVENANT) on keyboards, Terje Andersen (a.k.a. Cyrus; SUSPERIA) on bass and Dariusz "Daray" Brzozowski" (VADER) on drums."Abrahadabra", the ninth album from DIMMU BORGIR, was released in Germany on September 24, 2010, in the rest of Europe on September 27, 2010, and it was made available in North America on October 12, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records.Interview:

Performance:

More...