Dio Manchester Gig

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Last night I ventured into the heathen wastelands known as Manchester to witness Dio give a mighty display of hard rock and traditional metal.

The setlist was something like this:

Killing The Dragon
Egypt (The Chains Are On)/Children Of The Sea (Medley)
Push
Stand Up And Shout
Rock And Roll
Don't Talk To Strangers
Man On The Silver Mountain/Long Live Rock N Roll (medley)
Lord Of The Last Day
Fever Dreams
Holy Diver
The Last In Line
Heaven And Hell
Rainbow In The Dark
Also included Guitar Solo by Doug Aldrich and Drum Solo by Simon Wright.

The support included Dawson and Oliver's Saxon (I missed most of their set) who seemed to go down very well with the crowd.

Ronnie's voice was as shrill and powerful as I've ever heard him and for an old 'ish' geezer he certainly moves around a lot and he was his usual crowd friendly self. I think the Academy must have been close to a sell out and audience was a good mix of both young (-16) and old (55+) Metalheads. Twas a good night!!

Thanks for the report Eagle...sounds like the little fella played a great set list there. Man "Don't talk to strangers "rules!

I guess there just had to be the obligatory drum solo though.....very rarely do i enjoy those.

..."like a Rainbow in the Dark"

:headbang:

Thanks for the review Eagle....wish I could have been there. Excellent set list...Dio never disappoints.

Was there a drum solo?? I agree with you Symphony...can't stand them myself....YAWN!!

Ian Paice put on a great drum solo when I saw Deep Purple last month :)

Dio sounded amazing there...I am so jealous :mad: this why I need to ger my car to drive to gigs all over the country!

I saw Robert Plant last night, as t'were :cool: an overall mellow gig but the musicianship was fantastic! Not like anything I've seen before I don't think! The new album is worth owning now...