DIRKSCHNEIDER: Listen To 'Breaker' From 'Live - Back To The Roots' Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DIRKSCHNEIDER, the band fronted by former ACCEPT and current U.D.O. singer Udo Dirkschneider, will release a live album called "Live - Back To The Roots" on October 28 via AFM Records. The effort, which was recorded on April 2 at Kaminwerk in Memmingen, Germany, will be made available as two-CD digipak and gatefold three-vinyl in four different colors (black, gold, silver and clear). You can now listen to the song "Breaker" from "Live - Back To The Roots" below. Dirkschneider's "Back To The Roots" tour features him performing ACCEPT songs one last time before he closes the chapter for good. The trek was recently recognized with a "Sold Out" award after 31 of the 48 European shows were sold out. "It's unbelievable, " says Udo. "I never expected this tour to be so successful. It's beautiful to see how many people walk with me on my personal way of saying goodbye to the ACCEPT chapter." He added: "It's still so much fun to sing these songs live, they are a part of my biography, but nevertheless it's about time to turn that page. "There was so much talking and speculations about me and ACCEPT, so this is kind of a musical statement from my end — which seems to be very interesting for the fans who came to these shows." To those fans that still want to experience the classic ACCEPT songs performed live, Udo has this message: "There is a band called ACCEPT. And please, if you wanna hear these songs, please go then to [see] ACCEPT. [Laughs] So that's the only thing I can say. Now you'll have the chance [this] year to hear it with the original voice, but Mark [Tornillo, current ACCEPT singer] is doing a — I would say — really good job on it, so please go there and listen then to ACCEPT and U.D.O. is then U.D.O." Regarding what makes the classic ACCEPT songs so special, Udo said: "I don't know what is special. You never can tell it, really. Like [DEEP PURPLE's] 'Smoke On The Water', in a way, something like this. Sometimes there's a song that, in a way, that stays forever." "Live - Back To The Roots" track listing: CD1 01. Intro 02. Starlight 03. Living For Tonite 04. Flash Rockin' Man 05. London Leatherboys 06. Midnight Mover 07. Breaker 08. Head Over Heels 09. Neon Night 10. Princess Of The Dawn 11. Winterdreams 12. Restless And Wild 13. Son Of A Bitch CD2 14. Up To The Limit 15. Wrong Is Right 16. Midnight Highway 17. Screaming For A Love-Bite 18. Monsterman 19. T.V. War 20. Losers And Winners 21. Metal Heart 22. I'm A Rebel 23. Fast As A Shark 24. Balls To The Wall 25. Burning 26. Outro Recording lineup: Udo Dirkschneider - Vocals Sven Dirkschneider - Drums Fitty Wienhold - Bass Andrey Smirnov - Guitar Kasperi Heikkinen - Guitar
dirkschneiderbacktotherootscd.jpg
dirkschneiderband2016_638.jpg

Continue reading...