Disciples of the sacred oath II

This song is AMAZING! the guitars, the violins, the ney, the vocals, THE LYRICS!! I LOVE YOU ORPHANED LAND!!!

I did a reply to those close-minded facebook people who are complaining about the use of Quranic verses in the music.

I wanted to go a bit racist, but then I decided not to...

But yeah, let's see what they'll have to say now.

Yeah, the song is amazing and so is the use of thise lyrics. Please do not offend pple on facebook. It ismost important to have a dialogue there. You can have opposite views, but getting angry does not help to change someones mind. Because then their minds will close to you and the arguments you have. When there is a discussion with respect and friendly words than no one can turn their eyes away from it.

There was a time when an Arab singer sang Surat Al Fatiha from the Quran accompanied with Piano, this angered everyone and some clerics even ordered him dead. So yeah, these kind of things happen.

Next time, the band perhaps can sing an old Islamic or Sufi poem instead of Quran(assuming they still want to), I'm sure this will cause less disturbance to our muslim brothers and sisters.

I apologize on behalf of my other muslim brothers and sisters who couldn't express their opinions in a more respectful way, and I also apologize for losing control and replying in the same hateful manner, I hope the band takes nothing perosnally, we still love you all, and the only reason why our fans overreacted was because they loved the band they were shocked and dissapointed when they felt the band was offending Islam.

hi!
this song is amazing, maybe one of the best songs EVER!!!
but, I can't sing the arabic part of this song, because I don't know neither to read nor to talk in arabic (I'm from Chile, by the way).
Can someone put the transliteration of this part here?
txs

Greetings,

I was deeply interested in that too, and Basil provided us this in the folkloric music thread

الله نور السموات والأرض مثل نوره كمشكاةٍ فيها مصباح
يهدي الله لنوره من يشاء ويضرب الله الأمثال للناس والله بكل شيءٍ عليم

Allah Noor Al-Samawat Wa Al-ard , mithil nooroh ka-mishkat feeha misba'ah , yahdee allah noorhy min yashaa' wa yadrib Allah Al-amthaal lal-nas Wa Allah bi-kol shayee aleem

Wow, I was just registered and everything so I could ask that question, and here it is! Thank you, both of you. I love "Disciples of the Sacred Oath II" and love singing along. Now I can actually know I'm pronouncing the Arabic part correctly. Thanks again!

I'm serious we should do this, it was always my ambition to get a group of musicians together who have never seen each other and do something like this. And it'll be especially kickass if there's a video of each individual singing/performing and a world map at the beginning and end with a small blip indicating from where that person comes from to just show the diversity that goes into wiping out the stains on the trail, the trail that is the road to Or-Shalem.

P.S.
Nathalie, I never asked you this, what's the hebrew text around Disciples... heading on the shirt?

I love the idea, and would definitely be up for contributing to such a project. Orphaned Land's music is all about breaking these barriers and I think that would be a great manifestation of the ideology behind the music.