diseases for the 7 deadly sins

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea!

Here's a link to the DSM IV criteria for NPD (narcissistic personality disorder). There are links there from which you should be able to get to most of the PD's or at least the rest of NPD's cluster B buddies. NPD and BPD are getting more press recently and might be a little pendantic. Try using HPD for Lust -- that ought to give things a kick.

For gluttony, how about bulemia?

Sloth could be a substance addiction? How about pain pills? Perhaps someone was injured and rather enjoyed disability?

For envy, you could turn things around a bit. Try an inverted narcissist or hysterical grasping codependent, perhaps? (more links on that site to NPD info, too)

How about turning greed into some weird PTSD coping type thing -- like the incredibly poor kid who was too poor to be made fun of for out-dated, worn clothing and sack lunches, and, in fact, was so desperately poor that he/she watched family die over it -- that person being driven to earn and earn at any cost. It's been done, but I don't think I've seen the PTSD element to it before.

Pride could be a psychotic break of some type? Someone in an assylum who thinks they're royalty or the equivalent -- total break with reality.

At first I thought perhaps a common batterer for wrath, but it might also be fun to have it be a fundie (fundamentalist xtian), an environmentalist, a feminist, or any other "do gooder" who's gone out of balance.

oooh, thanks so much for your input!

i like your ideas for sloth and wrath much more than what i came up with, since i didnt really get the disorder i found for sloth.

other than that, i have:
lust is Sexual Addiction
gluttony is Binge Eating Disorder
greed is Gambling Addiction
envy is Kleptomania
and pride is Narcissistic Personality.

oddly enough, NPD was the last one i got, just before i came over here and checked your post.