Dismember sign new record deal

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Long-running Swedish death metallers DISMEMBER have inked a new record deal with Regain Records. The band, who were previously signed to Karmageddon Media (formerly Hammerheart Records) and Nuclear Blast, are expected to begin recording the follow-up to 2004's "Where Ironcrosses Grow" later in the year.

As previously reported, DISMEMBER are among the acts competing for the "Best Hard Rock" honor at the Swedish "Grammis" awards, which are set to be held February 7, 2005 at China Teatern in Stockholm. DISMEMBER are also among the bands battling it out for a Manifest award in the "Best Hard Rock/Punk" category.

The Manifest Awards are held by SOM (Svenska Oberoende Musikproducenter) (Swedish Independent Musicproducers), an organization that consists of over 100 record labels. This year's awards ceremony will take place on February 1 at Nalen in Stockholm.
---

This is becoming one of my favorite death metal bands. It all started when I saw them at the BWBK 6 Pack Weekend II in Cleveland, Ohio last June never hearing anything from them before. They stuck out from other death metal bands I have seen and heard and were very good. Later in 2004 I picked up a 2 on 1 cd of the Pieces EP and Indecent and Obscene and it was just awesome. I now just recently got the Casket Garden EP off of Ebay and also a friend of mine gave me the Live Blasphemies DVD which I just watched last night and it kicked ultimate ass. I soon plan on picking up Where Iron Crosses Grow and I hope to see them back in America in 2005 and do more than 1 show.