Distorted Mind review now up on Metal Observer!

i know... i don't get that score, either. probably low because it's an EP... but still, with it being a solid debut release and him enjoying it as much as he did, you'd figure the number would be higher

well the score kinda makes sense, as he said he was an EP hater, and he was all about giving praise to Frozen Reflections, but not so much tracks 1 and 3. he said the vocals on track 3 were a distraction and he wasnt really digging em. overall the review does seem more positive than a 6.5 would indicate, but if you dont like 1 song on a 3 song release its gonna bring that score down.

well, he didnt even really say anything about A Painting of Winter's Darkness (track 1), and as for Track 3, there is more to it than clean vocals. that was only in a very small section. doesnt even really seem like he listened to any tracks but the one that I had posted online. a good listen to Frozen Reflections, and a small listen to Division of Past

Um, who is the reviewer?

Do most people realize that unsigned bands should rarely make long play albums unless they plan on selling them?

I always recommend that a band that is going to use a recording for gettings gigs or getting labels etc. interested only use thier best 2 or 3 songs.

Most of those people don't listen past the first 30 seconds.

So to make this quick, EP are fine for most bands to begin with. That should NOT be held agasint anyone when reviewing someone's work.

DreamNeonBlack said:
Do most people realize that unsigned bands should rarely make long play albums unless they plan on selling them?

I always recommend that a band that is going to use a recording for gettings gigs or getting labels etc. interested only use thier best 2 or 3 songs.

That's not true. If an "unsigned" band or whoever wants to make a full-length album, why not? If you have the songs/resources/money you can do whatever you want to do. Most acts do plan on selling their cd's already.

If you need to get gigs by playing something for the club owner, just take a couple of the best songs off your album and burn cd's for them. But in reality, club owners can be just as easily impressed if you give them a "freebie" of a whole album that's professionally packaged. They might not even care about what your band sounds like if you butter them up a little.

Nowadays, when it comes to signing new acts, most labels and A&R reps are looking for finished products that can be immediately duped and distributed. From the label's point of view it takes a lot of time and money to develop and market new artists, and they'd rather not because the money isn't as deep as it used to be. It is WAY easier to get a deal if the labels know that you've already done the lion's share of the work. It's also easier for them to take a risk on you if they see that you are business-minded.

6.5? your lucky you got that high of a mark. Bland music that has been done a thousand times over. I'd rather listen to a dog giving birth than that tripe.

ze pilgrim said:
6.5? your lucky you got that high of a mark. Bland music that has been done a thousand times over. I'd rather listen to a dog giving birth than that tripe.

very constructive. ass.

Well the samples that slipknot used on that new record of a dog giving birth, were pretty decent, I thought.

O.K review too. The content would indicate a higher mark, however.