Disturbed and bassist part ways...

Aug 19, 2003
Cincinnati
www.geocities.com
Disturbed's former bassist Fuzz, formerly from Covington, Kentucky(just across a bridge from me) has parted ways with the band. They are looking for a replacement before they start the recording of their next album that is due out in 2005!

Word is (on the South Side Chi-town music scene) that Fuzz and Dave were butting heads and the band fired Fuzz over it (actually the lawyers did by phone). I guess there was an ultimatum that either Fuzz or Dave had to leave.

I hope Fuzz gets involved with another project soon. He was a really cool guy who was very appreciative of the south side. It's not too uncommon to see him hanging at high school battle of bands or at Rossi Music down the street from me.

remington69 said:
I guess there was an ultimatum that either Fuzz or Dave had to leave.

So they fire the one with talent?

They should have had a fight to the death wherein fuzz killed dave then the band broke up and all of the music they ever recorded was destroyed.

Yeah...that would have been nice.

Ragamuffin said:
So they fire the one with talent?

They should have had a fight to the death wherein fuzz killed dave then the band broke up and all of the music they ever recorded was destroyed.

Yeah...that would have been nice.

While I do agree that Fuzz has talent he's not the whole band. David Drainman makes Disturbed with his voice and lyrics. So they're not losing what makes Disturbed what they are. I'm sure the band will miss him but he's not irreplaceable at all. I remember thinking what the hell was Anthrax gonna do when I heard they fired Joey. Well they came back with a better singer in John Bush. So it's not like it's impossible for Disturbed to not find someone as talented or even more talented than Fuzz is.

Rock On!