DISTURBED Drummer On BLACK SABBATH Calling It Quits: 'They Don't Have Anything To Prove'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Ronni of the Columbus, Ohio radio station 99.7 The Blitz conducted an interview with DISTURBED drummer Mike Wengren at this year's Rock On The Range festival, which was held May 20-22 in Columbus, Ohio. You can now watch the chat below. Asked for his opinion on BLACK SABBATH embarking on its final tour this year, Mike said: "You know, I think there's a lot to be said for a band to go out when they still can. If they have the means to do that… They don't have anything to prove. They have a legendary career, [and] I think that they should go out when they're still on top, and not go out there limping. You know, MÖTLEY CRÜE just did that. And there's even a lot to be said for… I mean, that could tie into the reason we [DISTURBED] took the hiatus in the first place. We were feeling a little burnt out, and it became pretty predictable, and we took a nice little break, and now we're back stronger than ever. So I don't know… I think if the bands have the means to do either the break, or you've had a nice, long career, then absolutely — hang it up." DISTURBED's "comeback" album "Immortalized", was released last August and debuted at the top of The Billboard 200 chart. That made it DISTURBED's fifth effort in a row to enter the chart at No. 1, a feat shared only with METALLICA and DAVE MATTHEWS BAND.

Continue reading...